Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled on this forum on a link from mynissanleaf.com.

I'm an engineer with a military truck manufacturer, chorister, all around curious person.
Recently separated (by crash) from a beloved Volt, experimenting with a 30 kWh LEAF now.

Mostly I'll just read and learn.

- Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was lucky to find this car. My Volt got totalled on Jul 26, so I found myself driving a rental car looking for a replacement or an interim car that would give me time to find a replacement.

Our other car is a 2011 Toyota Prius 3 which my wife drives primarily. It continues to serve us well.

I was really reluctant to move away from a plug-in car, given the Level 2 EVSE in my garage. The LEAF that I found was the only used one for sale in a 100 mile radius. I have see only two other LEAFs "in the wild" ever. These cars depreciate so rapidly that I was able to purchase it for only $3,000 more than what the insurance company paid me for the (four year older) Volt.

My wife has been very fond of the Prius but after some time with the LEAF is willing to adopt it as her replacement car if we eventually purchase a hybrid/plug-in hybrid car for longer trips.

The likely candidate for said road trip car would be a Honda Clarity PHEV, but it's unclear what Honda plans for its future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts