Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been driving it for a month now, including three weeks of commuting, so I have got a feel for it.

Things I like:-

The range. My word, I had to charge the Ioniq twice a week during the working week to avoid squeaky bum anxiety in case I had to head off somewhere unannounced, which happens from time to time at work. I'm now charging once a week full stop, occasionally twice.

Space is a lot better than I was worried about. My first car was a Clio so I am aware that I am really more suited to a C size car, but as a commuter and weekend pootler it's fine.

Sound system and satnav are good. The latter probably isn't as good as the Ioniq, but the satnav on the Zoe crushes the Ioniq's.

Lovely silver.

I had forgotten how fast 70 mph feels in a small car. A hoot!

Things I don't like:-

No height adjustment on the seat. I like sitting lower in a car, you feel perched on this.

Until I turned it off, auto lock/unlock. So annoying having the damn thing shut itself three seconds after you turn your back.

In three years time, when the lease is up, it will be too small. The kids will be a teenager and a preteen and they're both tall for their age now.

It's built to a price so the boot sounds crap when you open it and the less said about the sound of the doors closing the better.

·
Registered
17,453 Posts
It's built to a price so the boot sounds crap when you open it and the less said about the sound of the doors closing the better.
It’s less cheap and tinny than the previous incarnations.

But of course it still shows it’s French pedigree. ;)

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,115 Posts
What's the heater like on the new one?

Boot is bigger than on the Corsa which is a similar foot print. Height adjust is good as I too like to sit in the car rather than on it.

Autolock on the R90 was very keen. One step away from the car and it was locked immediately.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT Line R135
222 Posts
Heater seems to have a mind of its own. I still haven't worked out which sequence of buttons to press to get the screen to demist, and stay clear.

AC seems good though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts