Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of you evangelists will have watched them but I highly recommend watching 'Who killed the electric car' (serialised) on You Tube and then 'Revenge of the electric car'.

How does it make you feel after watching them? Truthfully! Are we really at the start of the revolution or might it flop again? It certainly made me believe that it's more realistic than FCEV, but wonder why Volts haven't become more mainstream.

I personally think it's to do with awareness. I still think we're in the early stages of A in the AIDA process (Awareness, Interest, Desire, Action).

Keep spreading the word. Yesterday at the lights, a young guy pulls alongside, winds his window down and started asking questions...starting off asking if I was managing to live without petrol. Not sure how much he already knew but it was 30 secs long enough for me to tell him how good it is.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Paul, that will keep me busy for a while

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
585 Posts
The only thing that repeatedly springs to mind whenever someone mentions "Who killed the electric car?" is where would we be now if GM had stuck with it? Other major car manufacturers would have got with it sooner...

With that kind of investment and demand, battery tech would have evolved faster, motor tech would have evolved faster, lightweight car construction, recharging infrastructure, solar cells, renewables, CO2 emissions, nuclear tech, everything connected would have been pushed along by the EV tsunami...

The whole world would have been a better place...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts