Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I work in car rallying (non-competitive) and would love to have some feedback on the following questions:

• Does having an EV deter you from taking longer road trips?
  • Does the damage to the environment currently deter you from taking road trips in a conventional car?
  • Would longer road trips be of interest to you if all logistics were arranged in advance?
  • Does a lack of charging facilities restrict where you choose to holiday (if going by car)?
  • Would you opt to rent an EV if going to another country?
Thank you so much in advance!

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
135 Posts
Does having an EV deter you from taking longer road trips? No
Does the damage to the environment currently deter you from taking road trips in a conventional car? I don’t have one, but it would do.
Would longer road trips be of interest to you if all logistics were arranged in advance? I like doing it myself.
Does a lack of charging facilities restrict where you choose to holiday (if going by car)? Not really.
Would you opt to rent an EV if going to another country? I do usually via carsharing. (Spain, Italy, Poland etc) hopefully more will come.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
2019 BMW i3 120Ah
1,613 Posts
  • Does having an EV deter you from taking longer road trips? YES - to certain areas
  • Does the damage to the environment currently deter you from taking road trips in a conventional car? NOT currently as don’t have an ICE car but when I did...NO
  • Would longer road trips be of interest to you if all logistics were arranged in advance? NOT REALLY - I quite enjoy the planning ng side of it - just wish that we could relay on the chargers that exist
  • Does a lack of charging facilities restrict where you choose to holiday (if going by car)? YES
  • Would you opt to rent an EV if going to another country? YES, subject to there being a suitable charging network. Ie I would in Germany, Netherlands, Norway but probably not France, Italy, Spain

·
Registered
MG ZS EV Exclusive
353 Posts
1) No
2) No
3)Yes
4) No
5) No

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sort of #6 - I agree broadly with the narrative, though the answer to 1 is really ”no” because of the answer in 3.

Guessing about what might be behind this, maybe it would help if I think about the trips I made back in the Old Normal to Israel. Although I mainly used public transport, when I did use a car I hired a petrol automatic. I don’t think EVs were that common; but even if they had been, I would have been put off hiring one because of unfamiliarity with the charging system (it’s hard to even guess at the meaning of a language in a different alphabet). The promise of a hire “with all the logistics sorted out” would have appealed, but it would have depended on exactly what that meant. I would definitely have wanted someone who spoke English on call to help me through any problems on the phone and rescue me if it didnt work out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts