Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you roll up at a charging station with two devices, both with CHAdeMO but only one with CCS, please use the CHAdeMO only one if you can so as not to block the CCS unnecessarily. Happened to me twice yesterday 'leaves on the line'?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
To be fair, when you arrived to find someone using the dual-purpose charger but nobody on the ChadDeMo , they might have arrived when someone else (who had since left) was using 'theirs'. You surely wouldn't expect them to check every 5 mins then come back and change over when the chad-only was free.

Reactions: Chrisb

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,084 Posts
Assuming this is Ecotricity, its the only place I can think of like this. I actively use the DC only charger so block the access to CCS while I am there. Their chargers aren't particularly reliable for CCS, but they are reliable for AC43. That means a Zoe owner can still charge while I am there, and they wouldn't be able to go to the next nearest charger if that was Instavolt for example, because no AC Rapid support. Of course a CCS car could still plug in to that type 2 at the one next to me too if they desperately needed the charge, where they can get just enough to continue to the next charger or plug in to the one I am using when I leave.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be fair, when you arrived to find someone using the dual-purpose charger but nobody on the ChadDeMo , they might have arrived when someone else (who had since left) was using 'theirs'. You surely wouldn't expect them to check every 5 mins then come back and change over when the chad-only was free.
True, and I did say, 'if you can', which covers that eventuality.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna
260 Posts
Yesterday I arrived at Wetherby MSA (which has three EH chargers but only one with CCS) in my Leaf. Even though all three were free I plugged into the one with CCS because it was the only one on free vend ?

Because I'm entirely paranoid I sat in the car the whole time it was charging in case someone arrived who needed CCS... I saw a Tesla pull up and dashed out of the car desperate to apologise and move until they pointed out they were in a Model S and had a Chademo adapter ?

·
Registered
17,402 Posts
A little bit of consideration goes a long way: and this is a very well put request!
Although he’s plea-ing to the choir here.

Most on here may be better informed. I’ve met plenty of EV drivers at EH pumps who don’t know they can only handle one charge at a time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Although he’s plea-ing to the choir here.

Most on here may be better informed. I’ve met plenty of EV drivers at EH pumps who don’t know they can only handle one charge at a time.
While they have never had petrol and diesel simultaneously from a fuel pump.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts