·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there folks

I would like to float an idea and wonder whether:

a) People think that it is not too barmy
b) People would commit

So, a number of locations have introduced public charging and this is greatly appreciated. It strikes me that if a location is offering charging then they are going to want to see some kind of return on investment. We, as users are going to want to demonstrate that we are both using their charger and also that we are grateful.

To this end I make the point on my Twitter account (@JasonWaWa) to always thank companies for the use of their charger. At the very least this points out that someone has used their charger but also sometimes, one of the parties will retweet or favourite the tweet.

So, right now I am sitting in an Asda having a pre-work coffee and charging and tweeted "A quick pre-work coffee and EV charge courtesy of @Asda Greenhithe and @ChargemasterPlc". Both Asda & Chargemaster have used this tweet already.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Do you use the #ukcharge hashtag too?

I tweet at every charger I use, confirming that it's online (or reporting it if not), always use the hashtag and always include the provider (usually Ecotricity @elechighway).

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Yep thats what the #ukcharge was setup for, post the location/provider to let them know your using it, and by adding the hashtag it lets other drivers see all the posts in a simple search.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I agree. We should always try to give credit where it is due and thank charge locations whenever possible... I always try to give them as much free PR as I can.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We tweet photos regularly at the local stops we make - 4 page newsflyer just been approved with a local case study. This is going to be circulated to other tourist/businesses to encourage them to install too - they respond well to local case studdies. I didn't know about #ukcharge I'll make sure I mention it in future and ask our EV customers to do the same. We share local info on our Facebook page - it's a massive learning curve for our area and we're all learning and sharing together.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I too have been tweeting when I charge. After all, it costs nothing to say thanks. In fact, so pleased were Welcome Break with my pics an tweets when driving from S Wales to N Yorks that they sent me a £5 voucher for a coffee on them!

Reactions: SRELTD
1 - 14 of 14 Posts