Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We are working on addressing the issues that drivers that rely on public chargers face (especially those that don't have a home charger). Our product is called Bonnet and aims to simplify the public charging experience.

After previous valuable inputs from this forum, we just launched our waiting list and referral program here. If you are interested in trying out new tech and winning up to a year of free charging, sign up!

As always your feedback is very important to us (any and all suggestions welcome). This time we'd like to ask you which network you rely on the most? Let us know in this thread.

We already have several networks on our platform and these will be made public in June/July if COVID allows it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Electric Blue is my most used charging network by far. A pretty big and growing name around my area. Especially if you’re aiming to help those who don’t have home charging they would be an important one to get on board because they also operate lamp post charging as well as public charging stations and rapid chargers.

The other network I use regularly and consider important is Ecotricity (Electric Highway) since they’re at every motorway service station and without them long distance travel would be very difficult.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Ah, I see you have changed the unlimited plan to be limited to 200kWh. That makes it no more cost effective for me now, as the Pod Point charger I was using pre-COVID was £0.25/kWh anyway, and any other post I use is typically cheaper.

TBH I have no idea how much I will be driving anyway post-COVID. My commute was going to be 80miles a day to Oxford, but now I may be able to work from more often.

To answer your question, I generally charge at a POD point charger at my new office (was only there a week before COVID lockdown), Polar post near my home, and a charger at my parents house I had installed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Electric Blue is my most used charging network by far. A pretty big and growing name around my area. Especially if you’re aiming to help those who don’t have home charging they would be an important one to get on board because they also operate lamp post charging as well as public charging stations and rapid chargers.

The other network I use regularly and consider important is Ecotricity (Electric Highway) since they’re at every motorway service station and without them long distance travel would be very difficult.
Thanks for the reply. Electric Blue is definitely an interesting one. They have "clusters" of chargers by charge speed in different cities. Brighton is mostly slow chargers, Leeds is fast and then there are rapids up in Newcastle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, I see you have changed the unlimited plan to be limited to 200kWh. That makes it no more cost effective for me now, as the Pod Point charger I was using pre-COVID was £0.25/kWh anyway, and any other post I use is typically cheaper.

TBH I have no idea how much I will be driving anyway post-COVID. My commute was going to be 80miles a day to Oxford, but now I may be able to work from more often.

To answer your question, I generally charge at a POD point charger at my new office (was only there a week before COVID lockdown), Polar post near my home, and a charger at my parents house I had installed.
We have changed the unlimited plan for now due to CPO contracts for the launch. It is definitely on our agenda and we'll get it implemented as soon as possible. Thank you for your feedback again, always appreciated!

Would you say it would be more attractive of a deal if you paid the £0.25/kWh, but had access to those kWh on both PodPoint + Polar?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
We have changed the unlimited plan for now due to CPO contracts for the launch. It is definitely on our agenda and we'll get it implemented as soon as possible. Thank you for your feedback again, always appreciated!
OK I will keep an eye on it. I signed up to your mailing list many months ago, is that still valid or would I need to do another one with the new site?

As I say, my driving pattern may dramatically change that subscription based services like these don't make sense anymore.

Would you say it would be more attractive of a deal if you paid the £0.25/kWh, but had access to those kWh on both PodPoint + Polar?
Not for me personally no. I have a Zoe, so I don't tend to use Rapid chargers, where the costs are higher. The only one I would use near me is free Polar charger anyway!

The Polar charger I use most often is 7kW and only charge £0.18/kWh on the Polar Instant app, so I would save money by not using your service (that's assuming I even get close to using 200kWh a month, which I very much doubt now). The 'hassle' of using two apps with two accounts is not huge in my view...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I will keep an eye on it. I signed up to your mailing list many months ago, is that still valid or would I need to do another one with the new site?

As I say, my driving pattern may dramatically change that subscription based services like these don't make sense anymore.

Not for me personally no. I have a Zoe, so I don't tend to use Rapid chargers, where the costs are higher. The only one I would use near me is free Polar charger anyway!

The Polar charger I use most often is 7kW and only charge £0.18/kWh on the Polar Instant app, so I would save money by not using your service (that's assuming I even get close to using 200kWh a month, which I very much doubt now). The 'hassle' of using two apps with two accounts is not huge in my view...
All good! If you signed up earlier, you don't have to sign up again. You're eligible for the 20% discount like everyone who is signing up now.

That being said, if you'd like to get any of our additional discounts for when we launch, you can refer friends and for that you'll need a referral code and you'd have to re-enter your email on our website to receive one. Alternatively, you can message [email protected] and we'll send you a referral code by email. You can even get a year of free charging with referrals!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the video a parody? You make fun of lots of apps, and the soloution? ANOTHER APP!!
Brings this to mind...

Haha, that's actually pretty funny! Thanks for sharing. The idea behind the app is that our aim is to get rid of RFID cards. The reason we believe it to be better than other apps is because it, besides providing simple payment options, actually provides very reliable charger data. We focus on the quality of our data as well as the overall UX to be as simple as possible. We always appreciate feedback from drivers such as yourself. Thank you!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Haha, that's actually pretty funny! Thanks for sharing. The idea behind the app is that our aim is to get rid of RFID cards. The reason we believe it to be better than other apps is because it, besides providing simple payment options, actually provides very reliable charger data. We focus on the quality of our data as well as the overall UX to be as simple as possible. We always appreciate feedback from drivers such as yourself. Thank you!
I think you are missing the point. We want less apps, not more. payment should be by contactless card,or even better plug n pay.
We want Ev ownership to be better than petrol cars. Messing about with smart phones for payment is not going to advance Ev take up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you had a deal with source london and i could be charged per kwh rather than per minute this would make me more interested in this product

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The idea behind the app is that our aim is to get rid of RFID cards.
Actually most people would prefer the simplicity of using an RFID card - especially on those networks (like GeniePoint) where you can register any card that you happen to have. No brainer.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts