Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
With a load of apps and contracts expiring, we've ended up with 18 "error" messages in RLink - I cannot figure out how to get rid of them - and if there's 1 thing that annoys me, its error messages that shouldn't be there. Anyone know how to get rid of them ? pretty please !

Registered
On a RLink on the screen with the messages on the bottom should have "clear" radio button. If you have that many perhaps you need to scroll down first?

Registered
I've got the same, but with only 8.

No solution as far as I'm aware. I think the dealer might be the only option, or maybe try a fuse pull if it bugs you that much.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
our list is currently 18 !! thanks for confirming that renault yet again haven't put a lot of thought into something else.

Registered
Do you have a leased battery? If so RCI can re-instate these subscriptions for you.

Registered
I had the same issue and spoke to Rlink about it. This is the relevant part of the email chain.
------------
I would first of all, like to thank you for the video you provided us with. Through it we were able to see the issue and after speaking to one of our experts, they have offered a Factory Reset to see if that resolves the notification issue. However, by doing a factory reset you will lose all information from the device, and there is no way to back it up or to recover it.

In order for you to proceed with the Factory reset,on your R-Link device you will need to go to: Main Menu > System > Second Page > Restore factory settings > Yes > Yes (again). After the factory reset, I would advise for a soft reset. To perform a soft reset, simply push the Home button 5 times in a row. The system will reboot on it's own. This may however take 1 minute.
-----------
After asking about the reset and being a bit concerned I could screw it up.
----------
I can confirm you that by doing a Factory reset to your R-Link device it will not affect the vehicle's performance and it will only act on the navigation system device.
----------

After that I found that if I took the card out and put it in my laptop and connected it to the R-Link account I was able to sync everything back which also allowed me to get a few free things added, which I couldn't before. It took an age and there were some miss steps and I probably had to do the whole thing twice due to pressing the wrong buttons but it did work. After all that I've ended up with two messages about stuff I have purchased since.
I did have to manually put back the shortcuts I'd made for the satnav to take me home, radio station presets and the like but nothing significant.

I did comment that it is clearly a bug that no-one cares about and got a virtual shrug of the shoulders, so they aren't going to bother fixing it.
Main thing to note is that everything on your R-Link account is on their server so if it all goes wrong then you can just re-sync it.

It all depends on how much faff you want to have to deal with. I did all that days before Xmas last year so was in no rush at all. People on R-Link help are good, just a little slow at times.
FYI the email address I used was [email protected] I think that was listed on the toolbox software.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Jeez !! You know, a soft reset might just well be enough, I'll give that a go in the morning and report back. That hard reset is a joke to remove some contract expiry messages. @cah197 I think what you're saying is that if I buy those contracts again, the messages will dissapear, which is ok I guess for free ones - but I shouldn't be forced to buy that coyote thing (whatever the hell that is!) at 拢80 ish just to remove the message. What is that anyway ?

Registered
@cah197 I think what you're saying is that if I buy those contracts again, the messages will dissapear, which is ok I guess for free ones - but I shouldn't be forced to buy that coyote thing (whatever the hell that is!) at 拢80 ish just to remove the message
No, I鈥檓 saying they might give you three years for free.

Worth a call. It was for me.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I shall try that as well in the morning then. But it's typical ain't it. If the soft reset was enough to get rid of the messages, thats some usefull knowledge, but I then couldn't ask for the potentially 3 years free. But if I ring up, get the free contracts, it'll stop me knowing if the soft reset worked

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
FYI; if the soft reset had worked, and removed the messages, I wouldn't have been able to ask Renault to remove them by giving me the free contracts - conversely, if Renault had given me the contracts, thus removing the messages, doing a soft reset wouldn't have shown up wether it removed them or not. But apparently (thanks @Old Man Peabody) that doesn't work anyway, so ringing renault might be the only option.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts