Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

A record 181 miles fully charged

6K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  MrW in a VW 
#1 ·
Managed to get a record 181 miles on the GOM when fully charged today.

What’s your record?

#7 · (Edited)
One of those Kriezel systems would do the trick. Here's hoping a company springs up within the next few years that can do battery swaps. Using our old ones for trading in, then adding in a 50kwh pack into the same space that's currently used for the 35. Just like they have done with the Zoe more than doubling their capacity over the years without compromising the car space. The Golf for me is still a little shy of my ideal range. I personally would like a car that can do 170 genuine 70mph M/way miles. That would mean I can travel from my home to Dublin Airport in one fast stint ( when we go on holiday every year we usually end up flying out of Dublin). And before everyone starts jumping on me that they cant hold their bladder for that long. I have been doing this run for many years which takes me 2hrs:30 mins to cover the 150 miles into the airport. I would need the spare 20 miles so I can jump on a charger when I get back into the airport omw home.

#4 · (Edited)
I rarely charge above 80% SoC so my GOM numbers would be higher if I let the car charge to 100%. In the summer I routinely see 145 miles on the GOM. I think I have driven on the motorway for 125 miles and had about 15 miles left on the GOM. But I usually drive at high speed at some point during the pack cycle so I will not see 181.

#5 ·
At this time of yr I have seen 187ml on the GOM after charging but more normally see 160s but would always plan my journey on 140mml providing no heating/cooling will be necassary and not allowing for win direction for which i would reduce/increase by up to 10% if very strong

#6 ·
I saw 170 plus the other day after a full charge. Mind you, my other half had driven it the day before and hadn't switched on the A/C. I get about 5m/KW with my style without motorway. In the winter I could only get about 3.8. Only second time I drove it yesterday since March 23 as I'm an isolating old f*rt.

#9 ·
Don’t EV’s love the warm weather !.
I like the way it just Barely “Sip’s” at the juice In the warmer weather.
Great in the summer, but when the colder temperatures return its leaves you scratching your head at where all the range has suddenly disappeared too ?.
You have got to LOVE that GOM !.

#10 ·
I get 155 showing in the GOM after full charge.
I’m amazed at how the car loves hard acceleration around the towns and hilly areas near me - getting 4.8mi/kWh, but as soon as I hit the dual carriageway the economy dives to 3.5mi/kWh, even at a steady 60-65. Pumped tyres up from 36 to 41psi today so will see how this changes things in the coming days.

#17 ·
It's nice seeing that larger predicted range on the GOM with the warmer ambient temperatures !.
We will all be wondering where our range has disappeared too when the weather takes a turn for the worst.
The GOM gets a busy life in the U.K. trying to keep up with the every changing weather conditions.
One week +32 Degrees, following week we could have snow and 0 Degrees.
Poor old GOM, it does not know if it's on it's head, or it's arse ! :ROFLMAO:.
Reminds me of that phase :- "Think of a number between 1 and 10, then double it .......".
You knowhow the rest go's :eek:.

#19 ·
I just think people who are diving into an EV for the first time and are not restricted by budget, will buy a EV with a range that far exceeds their actual needs.
It’s the fear of the unknown really, frightened of running out of range.
After having the car a while, they soon grow in confidence and realise that a smaller battery would have done the job just fine !.
The same people start off by charging their batteries almost every single day almost, regardless if the car needs it or not !.
They just have to see that battery showing full, before they set off on any journey.
Potentially having almost 200 miles of range to go to the paper shop and back.
This is not a new thing, some folks have carried out the same process on a ICE cars for years.
Fill the tank to max, as soon as it drops to half, fill it back to full again !.
Habits of a life time can be hard to break.
Like the old sayings goes, “You Can’t Teach A Old dog, New Tricks”.:ROFLMAO:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.