Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My M3P was delivered without the front bonnet badge (long story). It's just now arrived through the post.
With a view to placement, could somebody please measure the distance from the bottom point of the T to the edge of the bonnet?

Many thanks.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,449 Posts
Many thanks, got to say I'm not looking forward to doing it.
Masking tape to get the placement and double and triple check, tape at where the bottom of the T will be and mark the centre of the bonnet. Another bit of tape where the top of the T should reach and mark the centre again. I'm assuming that it is coming with tape/film over both parts of the front face of the whole of the badge so that it is placed in one go.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Funny, I was thinking about getting mine taken off, it's cheap and keeps catching cleaning cloths & anyway everyone knows what a model 3 looks like.

Reactions: Johnny Read

·
Registered
267 Posts
Model Y has location pins on the back so if you want to debadge you have get the polyfilla out

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Does it need the badge? I'd be happy to have one with a clear bonnet.

(edit) and I'd probably stick it on an auction site for £20. A collector would pay that.
I would second that, currently looking to remove the front registration plate on my Model S and replace with a stick on, simpler the better in my book!

·
Registered
282 Posts
My M3P was delivered without the front bonnet badge (long story). It's just now arrived through the post.
With a view to placement, could somebody please measure the distance from the bottom point of the T to the edge of the bonnet?

Many thanks.
If it's of any help, and you'd be willing to share an address I could have a crack at making some kind of template out of paper from my car.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Does it need the badge? I'd be happy to have one with a clear bonnet.

(edit) and I'd probably stick it on an auction site for £20. A collector would pay that.
Removed my bonnet badge today, piece of cake.

Reactions: Johnny Read

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nothing to see here, absolutely flawless.

Used 20lb fishing monofilament and just gently sawed through the soft sticky stuff backing the badge, gently cleaned the residue from the bonnet with white spirit and patience, washed, dried and the used Done & Dusted to polish the whole job off.

Might do the back next.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If it's of any help, and you'd be willing to share an address I could have a crack at making some kind of template out of paper from my car.
I PMd you a few days ago Rob, but have heard nothing since, did you get my message OK?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts