Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter #1
Someone is selling a used Twizy claiming they own the battery, and there is no rental fees.

I did not think this was possible to own the battery and devoid yourself of Renault finance on the Twizy?

The best there is at what I do
Someone is selling a used Twizy claiming they own the battery, and there is no rental fees.

I did not think this was possible to own the battery and devoid yourself of Renault finance on the Twizy?
Most things are possible if you throw enough cash at them.

Registered
I recall seeing a Twizy for sale on EBay, that had an 'owned' battery. I think the reason it was 'owned' was because the vehicle was subject to a total loss settlement and the battery was 'bought out' by the insurers.

Banned
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I wouldn't have a problem buying a Twizy if the battery had been specifically replaced to improve efficiency or because there was a battery failure.

The concern would be there had been an accident or the Twizy being sold was a salvage car and that was how the non rental and owned battery had come about. You might not know what your getting.

42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
How long does it take for Renault to find you when the cars gets sold without a new battery contract? It might be an accident that the current owner isn't paying for it... in theory....

Vendor
I saw a couple for sale a year or so ago on ebay, which were imported from Norway, and bought with the batteries (as this is possible in Norway). Obviously, being central-seat drive, there's limited things to switch over from Norway to UK driving standards.

Banned
Discussion Starter #11
Loads of people ride motorbikes in all weather's, riding in the middle of winter isn't so bad with the right gear.
There is a few like myself who have been driving in old and crappy range I-Miev's/iOn's/C-Zero's throughout the winter. Been doing a 100 mile daily commute in one, not much fun, heating not been on once, windows rolled down a little to prevent steaming. Again, not much fun, but perfectly manageable, with the right protective wear like you say... I have asthma and never had any problems with winter driving.

I see the above mentioned cars as a Twizy + experience and the next step up. They can at least Rapid charge (not that they rapid charge particularly impressively), they have proper doors, and the chassis although lightweight is much better too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts