Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Nissan has hooked up with an aftermarket company to double the size off the env 200

Apparently it won't effect range.... I mean I don't think it could get any worse anyway.

This might be cool for making a proper sized camper... 10k is just a bit steep.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Does look an interesting option for a camper...don't think the looks will be for many though. Maybe worth waiting for the Vauxhall Vivaro / Citroen Dispatch etc e-vans...bit smaller, but plenty of standard kits for camper van conversion. Bit more conventional looking as well.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
A pop-up roof will set you back around £4000 to £5000 fitted, so with all the extra work for this conversion it's probably not too bad. Depends on how much it weighs as the e-NV200 doesn't have a great load capacity to begin with, and if you're adding a camper conversion you'll need to count every kilo.

·
Registered
2011 Leaf with Muxsan 17.6kWh battery, curt tow hitch fitted for bikes or buzz rack P10
251 Posts
i heard there was some new regulation with the dvla motorhome conversion that they were prohibiting the aftermarket poptop. bloody senseless but i think they did it.

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,157 Posts
Is this an even larger version of the voltia van or is this article just reporting on old news? DPD in my area have had some for quite a while now. And even with their paint job they still look terrible and obviously converted.

As for range, it’s these ones you always see hogging public chargers around here. And despite the fact that they are larger vans I don’t believe they get given any larger loads or longer routes than the normal eNV200s in the fleet, so with that extra weight and taller design I’m not convinced that range isn’t even worse than the original van.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Yes and No. To be able to reclassify your vehicle as a Motorhome you have to meet certain new "requirements" that I find stupid.
:unsure:
Converting a vehicle into a motor caravan (motor home)
This list describes the external features which are commonly seen in motor caravans, and it is intended to provide guidance on what DVLA expects to see when considering your application:
  • 2 or more windows on at least one side of the main body (this does not include windows on the driver or passenger doors) to provide a reasonable amount of daylight into the living accommodation
  • a separate door which provides access to the living accommodation of the vehicle (this excludes the driver and passenger doors); a window on this door counts as a separate window on the main body
  • motor caravan-style graphics on both sides of the vehicle
  • an awning bar attached to either side of the vehicle
  • a high-top roof (this does not include a pop-top elevating roof)
Note that this doesn't stop you being able to keep the designation of Panel Van and use that for camping etc., just it will not be classified as a Motorhome.

DVLA Checklist

·
Registered
2011 Leaf with Muxsan 17.6kWh battery, curt tow hitch fitted for bikes or buzz rack P10
251 Posts
but then you will get a higher insurance bracket which is undesirable. also a motorhome you are allowed to drink in. (a small thing)

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Agreed. The DVLA are trying to stop crewvans getting into the Motorhomes exemptions. Dominic Cummings will no doubt be arguing that his Disco is one soon.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
but then you will get a higher insurance bracket which is undesirable. also a motorhome you are allowed to drink in. (a small thing)
There’s also the speed limits if you’re converting a panel van. Small things.
As for the drinking, you have to be careful in a motorhome too. If you have the keys with you then the police can still class you as being in charge of a motor vehicle. The camping clubs say that people need to be careful about this and suggest that people lock the keys in a safe.
Personally I wouldn’t consider an e-nv200 to be a motorhome, mine is nothing more than a campercar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts