Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In May of last year out of the blue I had a phone call from VW saying that my 2016 Passat gte had a fault and that after talking with the DVLA the fault could not be rectified by a recall. He would not tell me exactly what the fault was only that 26 cars in the UK had this issue. He went on to say that VW would like to buy back the car at double market value!! I immediately thought SCAM and told him so saying that I would not do anything until I had it in writing and put the phone down on him. I then tried to call the number back and number unobtainable was the result. This played on my mind so I called my local VW garage telling them of my recent conservation with qVW but they had no knowledge of this fault and like me thought it was scam. A week later through the post on VW headed letter with a formal offer to buy back the car for double market value was made and they would be in touch. I took this letter to my local VW garage to which they still thought it was scam as they had know knowledge of this fault. A few days later VW head office Milton Keynes phoned to ask of my decision to which I replied that both myself and my VW garage thought this was scam and would not have anything to do with it. He replied I will ring your garage now and put them in the picture. Shortly after a phone call from my garage confirming the offer and money would be paid directly from them to me for the car. My car which had 22200 miles on the clock was handed in a few days later. I asked them what was to become of the car and they shrugged their shoulders and said back to Milton Keynes to be scrapped! Now I loved this car but new ones were not being made to autumn of last year so after having two Vws that had gone wrong ( dieselgate) and this hybrid reluctantly I changed to different brand of hybrid. As there were 26 of these cars in the UK who else has had this experience??

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,714 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts