Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
875 Posts
It is likely there is nothing wrong with all those systems but as stated above may be a 12V issue or just a "software glitch" which will rectify after a turn Off and On! These EVs are now mostly just computers on wheels.
My wife's e-208 announced several similar faults 3 minutes from home when it snowed heavily here in South Wales 3 days ago. It made her real nervous though that the car was going to stop/stall at any moment!
By the time she got to work all the faults had cleared!

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is likely there is nothing wrong with all those systems but as stated above may be a 12V issue or just a "software glitch" which will rectify after a turn Off and On! These EVs are now mostly just computers on wheels.
My wife's e-208 announced several similar faults 3 minutes from home when it snowed heavily here in South Wales 3 days ago. It made her real nervous though that the car was going to stop/stall at any moment!
By the time she got to work all the faults had cleared!

Just got the blasted thing back from the onboard charger being replaced lol

· Premium Member
2014 Model S
10,115 Posts
Tried that before I left (out in other car) restarted and still there

However when I get home I'll try again and see what it says
If it goes into D I'd probably shuffle it forward and back and sit in it with it on for 20 minutes to see if that tops up the battery enough for it to stop moaning about everything. If it is doing the same again after it's been left after that they will have probably knackered the battery so you need them to organise an immediate replacement. If it is still moaning after a new battery then they've properly bosted it :rolleyes:

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it goes into D I'd probably shuffle it forward and back and sit in it with it on for 20 minutes to see if that tops up the battery enough for it to stop moaning about everything. If it is doing the same again after it's been left after that they will have probably knackered the battery so you need them to organise an immediate replacement. If it is still moaning after a new battery then they've properly bosted it :rolleyes:
You really reckon it's the charge of the 12 volt? Thing is I did my 25 mile (1 hour) commute home last night

Then this morning pre condition, was fine to Tesco but did this after the shop (drove home fine wife said)

So charging it seems weird to me when it should be charged?

· Premium Member
2014 Model S
10,115 Posts
You really reckon it's the charge of the 12 volt? Thing is I did my 25 mile (1 hour) commute home last night

Then this morning pre condition, was fine to Tesco but did this after the shop (drove home fine wife said)

So charging it seems weird to me when it should be charged?
Oh. If you've used it for a reasonable time then it does point to something more serious wrong.

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh. If you've used it for a reasonable time then it does point to something more serious wrong.
Yeah it's just totally randomly come on out of nowhere

I mean I know it's been cold but 50 miles all together yesterday

150 miles this week in total

Was fine when I went to bed lol

Only difference is first time I've 7kw charged it since it's back but that's it

· Registered
Volvo XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro
77 Posts
We had similar messages on our Volvo BEV. The 12v battery was very low (less than 2V). The 12v battery should take charge whenever it needs it from the HV battery. The best Volvo could come up with was a software issue causing it not to take a charge. Fingers crossed it's been fine since. I suspect something hasn't quite gone to plan when they were fixing the charger.

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We had similar messages on our Volvo BEV. The 12v battery was very low (less than 2V). The 12v battery should take charge whenever it needs it from the HV battery. The best Volvo could come up with was a software issue causing it not to take a charge. Fingers crossed it's been fine since. I suspect something hasn't quite gone to plan when they were fixing the charger.
New software when the charger was installed aswell

· Registered
Volkswagen Golf GTE
1,174 Posts
My bet would be on a faulty wheel speed sensor, wiring to a wheel speed sensor. They're all related and require a speed signal to work. Had the exact same thing on a Jag and it disabled the ABS, cruise control, stability control, AEB etc.

Only way to know for certain is to get the fault codes and it will tell you where to look.

· Registered
783 Posts
My bet would be on a faulty wheel speed sensor, wiring to a wheel speed sensor. They're all related and require a speed signal to work. Had the exact same thing on a Jag and it disabled the ABS, cruise control, stability control, AEB etc.

Only way to know for certain is to get the fault codes and it will tell you where to look.
The dreaded water ingress on the abs wire bundle also tends to throw these kind of errors. It is a quick and easy fix if they have a replacement wire bundle.

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The dreaded water ingress on the abs wire bundle also tends to throw these kind of errors. It is a quick and easy fix if they have a replacement wire bundle.
Well I contacted them yesterday

The guy was unhelpful, middle feb for hire car ..or start Feb without one

Asked to get this guy I deal with (works there) to call me instead

Its being picked up today .. and Saturday a hire car becomes available
He knows the trouble I've had with the car so squeezed me into the workshop

1 - 20 of 22 Posts