Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a very worrying development in the last few weeks. Other people in EVs charging their vehicles in MY charging spaces at the likes of Tesco and Sainsbury's.

Take today - 2 of the 4 spaces were already taken when I arrived at Tesco I only had TWO to choose from for my free charge.

The impertinence! How very dare they!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,647 Posts
Damn newbies. They don’t know what it was like in the before times.

Where we had to hunt in packs, just to find a working Ecotricity charger that wasn’t being hogged by taxi drivers.

Let me tell you about the time there were only TWO Superchargers in the entire country!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aaannnnnd we're straight into the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch 😆

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But joy of joys the free pod points at my Tesco 2 mins down the road are now active. No need to stop at the one near where I work and mix with the people from Portsmouth 😱 They are all unshaven with muscles and tattoos - and sometimes they bring their men folk too.

Strangely though the new pods don't show up on the app so not sure what happens after 15 minutes but today I think I stayed longer than that and they kept charging me.

And something I've noticed in this small Hampshire market town. It is Tesla Central. In the last 3 days I've seen literally a dozen or more different Teslas nearly all 3s and all on 20 & 70 plates. And over the last couple of months I can honestly say I've seen at least 20 different new Teslas around the town. They are taking over.

Mind you we had a taxi driver running round in a model s for a couple years recently. He reckoned the savings on fuel and extra bookings he got from the novelty/upmarket punters more than covered the additional outlay.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I thought there was a distribution centre down around that neck of the wood so not surprised to find it rife with them, pod points at work were like that until they fixed them which was most annoying to get a message that the car has stopped charging after i have got settled in the office with a latte in the morning!

1st Tesla I ever went in was a Taxi in Finland, posted on another thread on here, met him again end of last year with 600,000km on it. His car which he drives with another guy doing another shift when he is not. He said his savings on fuel were 1000-1500€ per month He was planning selling it at 6 year old (two years drivetrain warranty left) when it would have about 800,000km on it and reckoned he would be worth 30k€. All before service, discs pads etc. and the rest get taken into account which he said was major saving.

He would have been through two XC70 in the time he has had it probably costing more than he paid for it, and it will be getting replaced by a 6 seat Model X when he does get a new one.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
927 Posts
But joy of joys the free pod points at my Tesco 2 mins down the road are now active. No need to stop at the one near where I work and mix with the people from Portsmouth 😱 They are all unshaven with muscles and tattoos - and sometimes they bring their men folk too.

Strangely though the new pods don't show up on the app so not sure what happens after 15 minutes but today I think I stayed longer than that and they kept charging me.

And something I've noticed in this small Hampshire market town. It is Tesla Central. In the last 3 days I've seen literally a dozen or more different Teslas nearly all 3s and all on 20 & 70 plates. And over the last couple of months I can honestly say I've seen at least 20 different new Teslas around the town. They are taking over.

Mind you we had a taxi driver running round in a model s for a couple years recently. He reckoned the savings on fuel and extra bookings he got from the novelty/upmarket punters more than covered the additional outlay.
Oh Scorzy Baby, you are so cute (literally) 😘. But that’s new ev folk.
personaly I hate the hybrids, I was charging at Waitrose and next to me was some horrid bmw hybrid charging! They don’t need the charge they have petrol!!!!

un PC I know but baby unless it’s all electric I ain’t impressed!!!

r.e. Tesla’s, have you ventured into West Sussex of late? They are they new run abouts for the myriad of bankers that live here, yes those complete bankers.

they don’t know the purity of our leaf love @Scorzon 🤪

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh Scorzy Baby, you are so cute
It's a cross I bear with dignity, always dignity!

JM you are my Shania Twain "Ok so you got a hybrid, that don't impress me much"

Yes there's deffo a lot of total bankers in Petersfield, you try getting a seat on the 6.20 to Waterloo (ok perhaps now is not the time to use that as an example but it was true pre Covid). I get the feeling they are offsetting the German Chelsea Tractors that they usually use to drop the kids off at the local private school (directly opposite my house, it's like a slow moving aggressive river of privileged Teutonic Tin every morning) by purchasing a Tesla for the missus to go to Pilates in.

Ok sexist prejudice maybe, but in this town it can be empirically observed to be 98% the truth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts