Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend with the Audi A3 e-Tron on order has recently been informed that delivery has been delayed significantly - something to do with the collision avoidance feature. I dont have details yet, asked him to post what he knows. Any others with A3s on order know anything?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I made my order at the end of September. I rang my salesman and he said that my order is still in the holding pool. I queried how long does it normally take to move from the holding pool to a build date after you pay your deposit and he said normally 24 hours. He did tell me that Audi were supposed to give each e-tron centre two cars, one for test drives and another for display. So Audi have to build those cars first.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Well.. if anyone still interested? Manchester Audi has a red one in stock!!

Hurry while stocks last :D

And I am going down on Thursday to have a nosey :D

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I'll try to remember to bring my camera.
Funny I was just curious as to what the lead time was for one of these etron, and the sales guy just said we have one in stock!!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
salesman seemed rather suspicious of me taking pics, he probably thinks I was taking pics so I could steal it later :eek:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Managed to bragged a test drive in it, literally around the block, as expected from Audi, top notch interior quality!!

The battery was slightly over half charged, I switched on everything including air con, and heated seats, engine remained off, put my foot down, it remained in EV mode, smooth quickish acceleration. More than quick enough from the traffic lights.

Its ashamed the rear legroom is somewhat lacking, Golf GTE has tonnes more room at the rear.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Stunning to be honest. I wonder if this will sell as well as the outlander PHEV has lately. All them company car drivers must be queuing up to buy this E-tron!

·
Registered
330 Posts
The battery was slightly over half charged, I switched on everything including air con, and heated seats, engine remained off, put my foot down, it remained in EV mode, smooth quickish acceleration. More than quick enough from the traffic lights.
That is just what I have been waiting to hear (along with your pictures that shows the boot is not too small - unlike the i3). This puts this car back at the top of my list.

I need to go back to my local Audi centre (couple of mile away) and see if they have their ones in yet and whether I can organise a proper test drive..

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
It will have the added benefit that when you do use the 25-30 miles of E-power, when you switch over to the petrol it should still return a decent 45-50 mpg on petrol. Which is much better than the PHEV outlander.

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
There you go , as instructed by Paul, I've took some pics ;)
Same Type 2- Type 2 cable as the VWs but a different EVSE by the looks of it. I know the VW EVSE has been unreliable, maybe this is an updated part...?

·
Super Moderator
7,575 Posts
Same Type 2- Type 2 cable as the VWs but a different EVSE by the looks of it. I know the VW EVSE has been unreliable, maybe this is an updated part...?
I don't think the pink bubbly stuff is the final design ;)

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
It's got a black cable though rather than yellow. Maybe they have just changed the cable colour.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts