Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone any experience of the performance of the e-tron in EV only mode. I can only find reference to 0-60 performance when employing both motors at the same time and to paraphrase the Audi sales guy, who said of the i3 Rex (its only got a tin pot little motor) when I said that was the other option I was considering, its only got a tin pot little electric motor.

The reason I am considering the e-tron is the majority of my journeys are short (25 miles or so) - but I do need to be able to cater for long journeys occassionally. But if the EV only experience is poor that really makes it a pointless choice.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a test drive booked in 2 weeks, I will let you know!!

(Very very excited!)
I am still awaiting the dealer to get back to me. I went to see them on 2nd Nov saying I would be interested in a test drive and they said fine, when we have the vehicle in.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had thought that the Golf GTE would be a good choice for me but the ever moving availability dates put me off so I went for an Ampera in the end and I'm delighted with it. I suspect It has more electric range than the VW/Audi cars so I rarely use petrol and the integration of the power sources is really seamless. Saved myself a good £6,000 into the bargain.
I still fancy a drive in the GTE or eTron but it seems that they are a little slow to get to the dealers.
Can't wait to hear how people get on with these cars.

·
Registered
117 Posts
And when I tweeted to Audi Service that I found it disgusting how customers who ordered an e-tron weren't invited to the UK Launch event.

They got back to me that there was limited space even their most loyal customers were not invited.

I replied back that customers that have placed orders without even a turn of a wheel should have been thought of as we would like a test drive. I also mentioned that I haven't even got a build date yet.

They asked me for my order number and promptly told me that my order was approved by the factory and that a build date hasn't been allocated ... umm tell me something I do not know. I told them I am highly frustrated because I placed my order in September!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Looks nice but is the 'up to 31 miles' ev driving real world?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts