Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had my 2015 A3 etron booked in for a service at the local Audi dealer early April and they've just called me to ask if I wanted to move it to mid-April as there's a "campaign" being launched so wanted to save me coming in twice. They weren't overly forthcoming about what was involved, but said it was battery-related and they needed the car for three days.

Anyone have any more info?

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 2015 Etron went in for its MOT on Wednesday. Dealership have just called to ask me to bring it back in for recall. Very vague as to what the recall is for other than ‘Can I bring it in on 17th April as Audi technician needs to be present’
. . . . . . . MOT Wednesday, ordered a Kia e-Niro yesterday, Audi e-tron recall today. I love co-incidences!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a letter this week about bringing the car in for repair of the battery case. It is a 2 day ordeal and can only be done at select service locations. The service is called 93D2 and is apparently a complete replacement of the battery case since there might be risk of condensation in the current one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got a letter this week about bringing the car in for repair of the battery case. It is a 2 day ordeal and can only be done at select service locations. The service is called 93D2 and is apparently a complete replacement of the battery case since there might be risk of condensation in the current one.
Interesting so that is the same as the Golf GTE may Iask what year your car is ?

GTE owners were being offered a Passat GTE as a loan car what have they offered you ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting so that is the same as the Golf GTE may Iask what year your car is ?

GTE owners were being offered a Passat GTE as a loan car what have they offered you ?
It is a 2015 model for the Swedish market. They did offer a loaner but didn't specify model or anything. I'm in Sweden so I guess it is up to the local Audi/VW organization to decide how they do it.
Called to make an appointment today but they didn't have the parts yet, I guess they were a bit fast on the draw sending out the letters...

·
Has it started yet ?
122 Posts
Any news on this - I have Tweeted Audi UK and the reply was your car no recalls. It had
a Delivery inspection 07/04/2016 but not too sure when it left the factory - how do you find that out ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
E-tron recall - the continuing saga.

I took my car in as agreed on the 17th, was given my loan car - A4, 4 litre diesel - doesn’t quite meet with my green credentials. I was due to pick up my car next morning.

Got a call from the dealership in the afternoon to say that the part (battery casing) had arrived damaged and since it was the day before the Easter weekend I could ‘enjoy’ my loan car until the end of this week (tomorrow), by which time the replacement part would have arrived along with the Audi technician and my car sorted. Haven’t heard anything since. I will wait and see what happens tomorrow!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would be interested to know if anyone has had a successful outcome from their recall yet? We are now over two weeks in and still no closer to a solution. Audi Germany have come and had a look at it and gone home. Apparently it went back into the workshop again this morning but nobody seems to know what the problem is. I have swapped the A4 diesel gas guzzler for an A3 petrol, which I am happier with but would still rather have my own car back. I also had a look at the new Audi all electric e-tron - bit too big and expensive for me, roll on my Kia e-Niro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi all,

Sorry for not checking back here, but I'd been traveling - which was kinda useful as Audi had my 2015 A3 e-tron for a week over one trip to carry out this campaign, which they said would take 2 techs 3 days to carry out. When I picked up the car, I was given a confirmation sheet that 93D2 had been carried out and on pressing for more details of what this involved was told that I'd had the complete battery pack replaced "as a precaution"...So far no noticeable difference in range/performance.

Hope this helps,
Nick

·
Registered
36 Posts
It looks like I will finally be able to pick up my car later this afternoon and yes it does include a complete battery pack replacement but I still don’t know why it has taken nearly 4 weeks to complete!

·
Registered
8 Posts
im interested to know what date range this would affect,

i have an a3 e-tron on a 2015

it was registered 21/04/2015

if water is getting in to the battery the car isn't safe,

if anyone has any more info do let me know.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My A3 e-tron was registered on 16/04/2015. I have owned it from new

When I was contacted I was told that it was a battery casing issue and it would just take 1 day to do the job. I suspect that on inspection there was evidence of water ingress hence the delay and the insistence that they kept the car until everything was replaced. I did ask if I could take It back in when they were ready to do the work but was told that due to ‘safety issues’ they would not recommend me driving it. All they will tell me now is that the car is absolutely fine now that the work is complete.

I would have thought that a vehicle registered on 21/04/2015 would be of a similar manufacturing age as there was no stock piling of the e-tron. Mine had been on order for 8 months when I picked it up. Have you contacted Audi?

·
Registered
8 Posts
first of thank you for replying.

the first time i expressed a concern about my battery was over a year ago,

it didn't quite feel right,

i paid for a diagnostics audi reset the sensors it seemed to have improved a tad,

its always been in the back of my mind what if something was wrong,

300V DC could easily kill someone,

i haven't since spoke to audi about the battery. i had the car services about 6 months ago and they didn't say anything about the battery.

i may drop them an email in afew days and ask if there are any out standing recalls.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I suppose I did get a free service and a meal at Rick Stein’s . . . and I have noticed an improvement in battery performance since they have all been replaced.

When I sell the car to I say that the battery’s are 4 years newer than the rest of it? Is that a positive selling point?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts