Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the AA membership given with newly registered Amperas require renewing after one year of ownership :?: If so, is it free :?:

·
Premium Member
11,317 Posts
I think we have to pay to renew and would expect to get details any day now...

·
Premium Member
11,317 Posts
Brian - Do let us know what you find out, hopefully we are not going to get ripped off. I guess we need to stay with MyAmpera/AA as I doubt any of the other breakdown companies will have any clue what to do if we have a problem...

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul, I also feel more comfortable with using the Ampera/AA breakdown service, will post details when I receive them.
Hopefully as a group membership it will be cheaper than a individual membership, we will see.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The free 1st year cover for AA membership is not linked to Vauxhall other than if you ring MyAmpera selecting option 1 they will put you through to the AA.
Neither Vauxhall nor the AA contacted me to remind me that the membership will lapse tomorrow, pity that this is not explained when taking delivery :?
Purchased new membership today which covers me for another year from today.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealership said that a Vauxhall purchaser normally gets a reminder that renewal is due after 1 year of ownership :?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I can't actually remember anything about a years AA membership when I took delivery of my car end Oct 2012... Better go check the paperwork :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
When I was stranded today with the car not starting (see problems thread) I had a brainwave to ring the number on the My Ampera app.
SOS .... Great, My Ampera Agent, .... Excellent... Ring the number and get the AA who will not help as the subscription has expired.
Thanks Ampera Agent, as good as the Sat Nav.
No, there is no reminder and the App is totally misleading.
0 / 10 for that one, will be on the phone to Ampera help line on Monday.

·
Premium Member
11,317 Posts
It is beyond stupid that they have not written to us to remind us that the cover was expiring and to offer a renewal price. I forgot until I caught up on this thread today! I will call them just before I head back to UK (I am in the USA right now) to renew and complain, etc.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
My dealer threw in RAC (at least I think it is RAC... have to check) cover when I had the car serviced. The Nissan Leaf dealer did the same.

I didn't have to ask either as it is standard with both those dealers to offer breakdown cover as an included offering with servicing. Prices were good too so it isn't that they are inflating the price to compensate. Worth asking about when you next get a service IMO :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts