Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still actively promoting it, whilst not able to invest in EV charging points (budget not there and relevant department 4 staff down so unable to apply for grants apparently)

Aberdeen City Council

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'd heard the relevant department was low on man-power, but I didn't realise they were "unable" to apply for grants. I've been in a fight with them for more than a year to try and get some kind of home charging solution. I need to chase that up again, but I'm starting to lose the will...

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the actual email. Although it says impacted, I’m told they have not been applying for some months now... the council as far as I’m aware has not installed or had a partner install a charge point since the Dyce P&R were in place, Nearly 2 years ago now.

What sort of solution are looking for?

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I initially applied for permission to drop our kerb in order to get a driveway and normal home charging. That was rejected on some flimsy-sounding grounds, so I contacted my councillor to investigate any grounds for appeal. He sounds supportive, but we’ve gone round in circles for more than a year.

I’ve given up on that, sent them a link to the OLEV page regarding funds for on-street parking solutions, been told that they’ll chat about it, and now had complete radio silence for more than 3 months.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I initially applied for permission to drop our kerb in order to get a driveway and normal home charging. That was rejected on some flimsy-sounding grounds, so I contacted my councillor to investigate any grounds for appeal. He sounds supportive, but we’ve gone round in circles for more than a year.

I’ve given up on that, sent them a link to the OLEV page regarding funds for on-street parking solutions, been told that they’ll chat about it, and now had complete radio silence for more than 3 months.
Now you know why.. try playing your local Tory/Labour Cllr (ie the administration) off against the other local Cllrs from Lib Dem/SNP if you have. Tends to get things moving as both will be poking council departments to get it done so they claim they managed to get it sorted. Labour especially hate the SNP Cllrs poking around.

Pretty shoddy that the council isn’t pulling out the stops to get someone easily home charging an EV..

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Did any of you get ACC's questionaire about Hydrogen buses today?
It certainly seems like more are in the offing.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did any of you get ACC's questionaire about Hydrogen buses today?
It certainly seems like more are in the offing.
Leaflet or through email? Noticed they did a tour of the facility the other day.

They have been in discussion with the SGovt and UKGov about funding them, I don’t disagree with HFC being used for Busses per say, especially if it is not oil sourced. Electric busses are having issues in certain areas of the world and only China who is spending shed loads as massive combined orders (so can drive down cost and invest more on the latest battery, charging and motor tech) and are mostly using state controlled firms to build them has been having any large scale success..

I wonder how long it will be before ACC have a Hyundai NEXO demonstrator...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts