Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone charged their Zoe on these chargers?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
You can't use a Supercharger for a non-Tesla vehicle. It won't work.

There are a pair of EH rapids at Abington. Not sure if they provide high-power AC offhand...

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I have used the Abington EH chargers and also the free CPS Evolt in the public car park 1/2 mile down the road in the village but that only charged at 22kW for me, there is a shop with coffee and toilets nearby.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can't use a Supercharger for a non-Tesla vehicle. It won't work.

There are a pair of EH rapids at Abington. Not sure if they provide high-power AC offhand...
I am sure that I have read somwhere, perhaps on the other Zoe forum that some Superchargers have one charger marked for other EV's and somebody with a Zoe had charged on them. Hence the reason for my question.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have used the Abington EH chargers and also the free CPS Evolt in the public car park 1/2 mile down the road in the village but that only charged at 22kW for me, there is a shop with coffee and toilets nearby.
Thanks for the info will take a look at the public car park one on my journey south.

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
I am sure that I have read somwhere, perhaps on the other Zoe forum that some Superchargers have one charger marked for other EV's and somebody with a Zoe had charged on them. Hence the reason for my question.
Destination chargers, not Superchargers.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Yeah I used this one in Wales with White sign, 22kW. (Pic from Plugshare)
386736.jpg

·
Zoe Devotee
8,738 Posts
Abington is poo! Pretty sure one of the EH units is DC only. I've seen the one with AC tripped out or my favourite was an Outlander parked on it overnight while they slept in the hotel.

The Abington Village one tops out at 22kw, I've reported it many times. Also if its been raining the charger will be sitting in a deep puddle of water (and pine needle sludge). Often the charger will fail when its too wet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts