Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Renault ZOE 2018 ZE40
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to eco-friendly car owners!
Let me ask the owners of Niro's KIA. Please tell me how to visually distinguish Niro with a heat pump from Niro without one?
In the photo under the hood, I found cars with a block on the side of the passenger, and without such a block. What is this device?

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Greetings to eco-friendly car owners!
Let me ask the owners of Niro's KIA. Please tell me how to visually distinguish Niro with a heat pump from Niro without one?
In the photo under the hood, I found cars with a block on the side of the passenger, and without such a block. What is this device?

View attachment 143624 View attachment 143621
Based on a Kia Soul, I'm guessing that the Heat Pump equipped car has the switching valves located in this area.

Just for info, there is no device/thing as a 'heatpump'. It's just the same compressor with an additional internal condenser buried inside the under-dash heater box and a whole bunch of additional switching valves (and expansion device). There may also be additional heat exchangers to scavenge heat from the electronics

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,157 Posts
Yes. A bunch of complex solenoid valves under the cover. Only present on heat pump equipped versions. Here’s mine with the cosmetic cover pulled.......

Peter

Reactions: OrlAV

·
Registered
Renault ZOE 2018 ZE40
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much. The answers of experienced owners are the best confirmation of guesses. For photos without a lid, separate thanks. Now I can see how everything is located.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.