Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from using a referral code, are there any things I should pay special attention to whilst going through the ordering and delivery?

This will be my 3rd EV so I’m comfortable to a point but the supercharger network will be a new one on me.

Any advice would be appreciated… cheers

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Is there anything in particular you are thinking of? We ordered and received ours in March. Very smooth process and the MiC cars seem really well put together. I took a list of things to check over during delivery handover, but everything on our car was excellent. If you’ve specific questions, by all means DM me.

Reactions: Brew

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes, hurry up and order. Could be in for a bit of a wait. Ordered another SR+ yesterday and was told depending on spec there allocation of cars are going fast.

Also use my referral to both get free supercharger miles

Earn Free Supercharging Miles or a $100 Cash Award

At the end of the day it's only £100 reservation fee and if you change your mind it's not the end of the world.

I was told maybe August delivery, so I have said I may as well get it in September for the new reg.

·
EGGY
1,561 Posts
Wait for a made in Berlin with the 4680 battery pack .... could be a bit of a wait ...

Reactions: pilotwoo

·
EGGY
1,561 Posts
They've said they'll supply 4680's from elsewhere to Berlin before Berlin starts production of it's own cells.

If you believe their claims at battery day that means cost of production (alongside cast front and rear) will drop significantly. Either they increase their margin or they drop price, or possibly a combination of both.

So there is the possibility that people buying Model 3's now might see a cheaper car in the not so distant future

·
Registered
666 Posts
They've said they'll supply 4680's from elsewhere to Berlin before Berlin starts production of it's own cells.

If you believe their claims at battery day that means cost of production (alongside cast front and rear) will drop significantly. Either they increase their margin or they drop price, or possibly a combination of both.

So there is the possibility that people buying Model 3's now might see a cheaper car in the not so distant future
For some life is too short to be worried about the value of their 2nd hand car in 2 years, especially when most people are leasing anyway.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,981 Posts
Buy a Niro, Kona or Soul is the current advice I believe.
Yes. I read stuff on the internet about Teslas:
  • The panels gaps are so big you can lose a small child in them. Keep yours locked up for safety.
  • Parts fall off them at regular intervals. This way you can find your way home in the AA van.
  • The Autopilot will try and kill you because it will fall in love with your smart fridge.
  • Elon Musk wants to eat you soul. The small print in your contract to buy a Model 3 includes a clause for this.
  • If you buy a Tesla you will actually be able to go on holiday in it. The subsequent bills for red wine, fine dining and four star hotels will bankwupt you and be the primary reason for your divorce.
  • Tesla is about to go bankwupt. This will result in you owning a brick of metal on your driveway and a bottle of Teslaquila as the only memoir of your ownership experience.

·
Registered
Tesla M3 SR+ In a whiter shade of pale
322 Posts
Apart from using a referral code, are there any things I should pay special attention to whilst going through the ordering and delivery?

This will be my 3rd EV so I’m comfortable to a point but the supercharger network will be a new one on me.

Get everything that’s important to you in writing. DO NOT believe anything Tesla tell you verbally. In a nutshell, the car is great the same cannot be said of the company, the attitude Tesla has to its customers (in my experience) falls pitifully lacking in so many ways.

·
Registered
666 Posts

My advice would be not to post on a forum before You order.

So much negativity!!

Enjoy your ordering and car, you must have worked hard for it.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,981 Posts
Get everything that’s important to you in writing. DO NOT believe anything Tesla tell you verbally. In a nutshell, the car is great the same cannot be said of the company, the attitude Tesla has to its customers (in my experience) falls pitifully lacking in so many ways.
Weird. I’ve had excellent service over three cars.

Maybe it says something about the owner?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts

So much negativity!!

If that’s the case, glad I didn’t work hard for mine 😂

Reactions: Tooks

·
Registered
350 Posts
Why wait? The technology is constantly moving, once they manufacturer in Berlin then the Model Y is coming out and so on. You’ll never get one 😉. Just order and enjoy???
My thoughts exactly, I've had one. I know what to expect this time. Just don't look at the price once you have ordered you will never know if it's changed then.

Admittedly I did a a fair few issues, but were all rectified, customer service was good. Had two brand new model X's for my troubles. Only issue was driving the service center to get it fixed plus covid. Now one has just opened 5 miles away from home, so even that problem has gone.

Having an ipace, the superchargers are the main reason to get a Tesla. Only my opinion tho. I wouldn't go on holiday in the ipace, I would in the model 3.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,678 Posts

So much negativity!!

Technically speaking my wife purchased ‘ours’, but I’m a lazy so and so generally. So I don’t think hard work and Tesla’s automatically go together!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,678 Posts
Ours had some main screen freezing issues the first couple of weeks, since the last OTA update though it’s been fine.

Really good car, Chinese built model and I can’t find fault with it build wise.

Mind you, I do own an ID.3, so I might not be the best judge of a cars character! 😂

·
Registered
Tesla M3 SR+ In a whiter shade of pale
322 Posts
Weird. I’ve had excellent service over three cars.

Maybe it says something about the owner?
Not weird at all, your experience (and maybe your expectations) are clearly poles apart from mine.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts