Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

About to pull the trigger

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  TJEV 
I Test drove a 62kWh LEAF in the US not so long ago and that had the telescopic wheel. However when briefly looking at them now I am back in the UK (also in the north east!) it doesn't seem to be a thing from what I have seen yet.

The best thing you can do is check with a dealer to see what the latest UK specs are that can be ordered. Where abouts are you in NE England? Some dealers around here are great, but others haven't got a clue especially when it comes to EVs. Depending on where you are, I might be able to point you in the right direction to a competent dealer to ask.

If you can definitely get what you are looking for now, I would probably say yes it's best to buy now rather than wait. Prices are only likely to go up.

I'm in Gateshead, but for the right offer/dealer/car I'm willingly to drive a bit further.

Thanks for the info!
The Gateshead Lookers dealer on the Felling bypass is the most knowledgable in the country for serious issues like battery faults. Almost every LEAF in the UK that needs a replacement battery will go there since they are one of the very few dealers capable of doing such work. Unfortunately they are absolutely hopeless in my experience when it comes to sales and regular servicing.

There's an Evans Halshaw Nissan dealer just off Wessington Way, Sunderland. I've dealt with both them and their Renault location just down the road. Both have been great for EVs with both purchases and servicing. They know what they're talking about and would be my recommendation.

Looking at the EH website, their pictures for the LEAF do seem to show the shark fin, and the description mentions rake and reach steering adjustment. I'd say it sounds promising!

I disagree, prices may go down if the European market reduces (due to 10% tariffs to sell into the EU) and as there's now more competition from the ID3 than the e-Golf represented in that segment.
That's also a fair point. Just at the moment we don't know for sure how things are going to go, and that typically means things will probably get worse not better in my experience. Right now there are plenty of deals to be done from what I have seen with cars recently so if OP can get a price they like the look of, I would probably still be inclined to say now is better than later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.