Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently starting the process to reject my ID.3 as the issues with it have become untenable and beggers belief i can get an M3 SR+ cheaper on PCH with Tesla!

I am wondering how long between the deposit being paid and the finance agreements being in place it would take for the car to be delivered. This will be my one and only ar so need to be able to get one before I can return the other if that makes sense and if VW allow it!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Don't forget to use our referral system, see other thread.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,892 Posts
Unless you get an inventory Tesla I'd think you'd be without a car for a time depending on the lead time for the Tesla. I'd probably look at one of the short term hire lot to see what they have and get one delivered before doing anything.

If you are rejecting the car you can't carry on using it. It makes actually getting it rejected quite tricky.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: reserves

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am currently starting the process to reject my ID.3 as the issues with it have become untenable and beggers belief i can get an M3 SR+ cheaper on PCH with Tesla!

I am wondering how long between the deposit being paid and the finance agreements being in place it would take for the car to be delivered. This will be my one and only ar so need to be able to get one before I can return the other if that makes sense and if VW allow it!
Mine took 9 days from order to collection earlier this month.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine took 9 days from order to collection earlier this month.
Thanks that is really helpful to know. Did you arrange the payment at the time of order as I noticed that you have to arrange the Finance method after your deposit is taken. I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Tesla will do what ever they can to sell all cars that have left USA as quickly as possible, but no new cars will arrive in EU/UK for about the first 8 weeks of next year. Hence the lead time will go from 0 days to many weeks over the next few days.

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,593 Posts

What is wrong with ID.3? After the long wait could have had the M3

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks that is really helpful to know. Did you arrange the payment at the time of order as I noticed that you have to arrange the Finance method after your deposit is taken. I hope that makes sense.
I did the deposit in the 'garage' (just paid the £100 and gave them my details) which was basically just what you do on the website (they just have view of more vehicles than the website shows). It asked me there and then to complete my details for the PCH and it was approved instantly. Then just followed the prompts on the website over the following week. I didn't really have to do anything beyond electronically sign the finance agreement about 2 days before collection.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did the deposit in the 'garage' (just paid the £100 and gave them my details) which was basically just what you do on the website (they just have view of more vehicles than the website shows). It asked me there and then to complete my details for the PCH and it was approved instantly. Then just followed the prompts on the website over the following week. I didn't really have to do anything beyond electronically sign the finance agreement about 2 days before collection.
Thanks mate that is very helpful notnready to go ahead just yet but good to know.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is wrong with ID.3? After the long wait could have had the M3
Alot of different things the main issue is that the car will not connect to the sim meaning that the cars SOS function does not work either also it will not work with the app as their is no connectivity in the car.

Would have got a M3 to begin with but I didn't think that the ID.3 would have the amount of problems that it has.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Alot of different things the main issue is that the car will not connect to the sim meaning that the cars SOS function does not work either also it will not work with the app as their is no connectivity in the car.

Would have got a M3 to begin with but I didn't think that the ID.3 would have the amount of problems that it has.
That does not sound like a lot to be fair.

I did sit in ID3 last week. Ex demo well reduced

Was okkkk some real buttons be nice. Defo same can be same said for Tesla.

Don't think there be much difference in range.

Be interested to see if the newer M3 car will do real world of over 200 miles this time of year.
When I hired one last year was about 175 miles range had 200 mile commute at the time.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
You drive 48,000 miles a year?
I live in Belfast and worked in Dublin.
IT contractor well I was doing that trip for fair bit 4/5 days a week.

Due to covid I currently do 10 steps commute . Don't know how long will last....

If I was to change cars would want car capable of Dublin return without need charge. That's the benchmark.

i3 REX has rolled over 80k miles. 2016 94ah

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
I live in Belfast and worked in Dublin.
IT contractor well I was doing that trip for fair bit 4/5 days a week.

Due to covid I currently do 10 steps commute . Don't know how long will last....

If I was to change cars would want car capable of Dublin return without need charge. That's the benchmark.

i3 REX has rolled over 80k miles. 2016 94ah

Well, I agree a cold, damp day will be around 170 miles comfortably.

But then if you want more you really need to be going for the LR.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts