Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Peugeot e-2008 GT-LINE
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone successfully used ABRP connected to a OBD2 dongle to more accurately plan routes?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I didn't know ABRP could connect with an OBD2 dongle, I was thinking of getting one but couldn't find any evidence of a companion app working with my Corsa-E.
I might get one and give it a try, is there a relatively cheap OBD2 dongle you recommend?

·
Registered
Peugeot e-2008 GT-LINE
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah apparently it gets the data via connecting to another app (evnotify and torque pro I saw mentioned) which connect to the dongle to draw out the data, then uses your live consumption, soc etc to calculate live while on your journey to get you accurate stops and how much charge you need at each stop. I don't know the best dongle to recommend I'm afraid I was hoping someone had done this and advise what they used.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-2008 GT-LINE
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have seen ABRP connects to Tronity app now so this would be a simple process, will defo try on a long journey to test.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208 / '22 ID.3 Family
3,777 Posts
Before buying a dedicated OBD dongle or if (like me) you can’t use the OBD port (because Onto use it for their equipment), could be well worth having a go via Tronity (free trial available).

More info on Tronity here:

·
Registered
64 Posts
How cool is that, I created a Tronity account but couldn't add my car as it's not supported.
It's a Vauxhall Corsa-E which is based on a Peugeot E208 which supported.
I got contacted the following day and asked why I didn't add a car, and after explaining they said they are going to add support for Vauxhall tomorrow!

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208 / '22 ID.3 Family
3,777 Posts
How cool is that, I created a Tronity account but couldn't add my car as it's not supported.
It's a Vauxhall Corsa-E which is based on a Peugeot E208 which supported.
I got contacted the following day and asked why I didn't add a car, and after explaining they said they are going to add support for Vauxhall tomorrow!
That’s great! I love start ups for this sort of thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts