Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife took the Tesla out Sat morning and 5 minutes into her journey the dash filled with warning messages. Regen braking was disabled, along with the ABS, Traction control and emergency braking.
She carried on and parked up as she wasn't far and when she came back to the car the faults had cleared. Then an hour later it happened again, and then a final time on her way home. I rebooted and went for a drive and couldn't trigger the issue.
We were supposed to be doing a 70 mile motorway journey in the rain with the kids, so I phoned telas assistance and they couldn't find any current issue, but could see all the failure warnings, so advised that the car may not be safe to drive :(
I'm dropping it with the service center shortly (and probably end up with an ICE hire car as it's not booked in) but I'd rather get the all clear properly.
Has anyone else had this issue?
My brother had the same in his X, but it didn't clear on a reboot and it turned out to be the wheel speed sensor wire had come loose and rubbed through.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it's a new delivery it could be the low brake fluid issue that triggers this.

I know this was a problem with the first batch of cars delivered in Summer and it's a simple top up by a ranger which sorts it

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh yes, I do remember reading about this a while back. I've just checked and it's topped right up, so it's unlikely to be that, which is a bummer as I could get that fixed there and then rather than leaving the car with them for a few days until they can look into the issue.
Hopefully they can get a specific fault code when they interrogate the car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
We had this and it turns out a number of cars have not had the ‘guttering’ (my words) under the windscreen fitted correctly. This means water is dripping onto a wiring loom. They just need to fix the guttering and dry the wires. They have told me I was the third they have had in (West Drayton).

·
Registered
510 Posts
Had the same issue here, eventually even the power steering was gone.

Water ingress in the wiring, new steering rack needed. They had to order the part, arrived the next day.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it's with them for now, and they've got quite a backlog so said it may take a few days before they can look into it. Luckily I was expecting a Corsa as a hire car but got an 220D Merc which is quite nice on the inside but utterly... utterly gutless compared to the Tesla. Shows how far things have come when I'm slightly disappointed to be stepping into an AMG Mercedes.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the news is.... I'm still driving about in a Mercedes C220d that is, without sounding ungrateful, miserable.
My car is still sat there "in the queue" so they haven't even looked at it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My car is finally fixed! It took them a couple of hours to identify and fix the issue, but 3 weeks to sit in a queue.
Description of work reads:
Carried out diagnosis and found issue with chassis CAN signal at EPAS connector plug. Carried out necessary repair to vehicle connector plug and wiring.
So this does indeed look like the water ingress issue that early RHD Model3 are susceptible to. I really think they should just recall any car with the older plug as if it's causing this many issues within the first 6 months surely it's inevitably going to fail at some point for everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts