Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While getting a quick charge at Nissan Shrewsbury found myself in conversation with a fellow Leaf driver from Cheltenham who turns out to work for Nissan nationally.

Things that struck me.

1.) He was encouraging sales to see 5% of their sales as ev's as ok - they are not for everyone. Personally I would hope for more ambition but can see his reason....

2.) Mentioned a number of times that Leaf drivers charge 90% of the time at home. Tried to share the value of public charging for me and others shared on this forum and others.

3.) In mentioning the rumours of a 200 mile Leaf he appeared to accept this and referenced a conversation with Robert Llewellyn who (allegedly!) said he would retrofit his current Leaf with the new batteries if this were possible...our man from Nissan thought this might be possible though was not confirmed.

As an aside, he was another Leaf driver who like me delights in getting 1 mile per % of charge from his (recently acquired) Leaf.

He did not seem to have an accurate idea of how little the heat pump takes off range.

Was aware of Zero Carbon World but not aware of their local installation in Ironbridge and elsewhere - happy to learn of this.

Not aware of the eu planned rapid charge network through our region and others

Did not get his name or rank sorry! And he got diverted to a customer mid chat. But interesting...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Shortish bloke, mid-50s, indeterminate origin - could have been French, Brazilian or Lebanese?

Reactions: brothersoulshine

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Carlos Ghosn

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Mark I misunderstood your comment as humour about my vagueness!

He was Anglo Saxon, not sure a particularly senior executive but a pleasant man, and it was the first face to face chat I had had with someone from Nissan about the Leaf other than at the dealer. Found it interesting, thought others might! Not been driving his Leaf long to be fair, and we forget how much we learn from driving perhaps!

But Carlos is on here?! Amazing!

See, use a big fish to catch a bigger one....;)

Carlos....GREAT job! A lttle more power on the windscreen washer perhaps. And a slight redesign of the boot latch so it doesn't become emeshed with clothing and hard to open occasionally...but apart from these small niggles....OUTSTANDING!

Am genuinely very grateful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts