Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the kona's charge point locations arn't always accurate. For example, my nearest charge point is 300 yards out. Parking at the charger I see -

20190516_094853.jpg

20190516_094934.jpg

zap map is accurate -

Screenshot 2019-05-16 at 10.08.07.png

as is open charge map -

Screenshot 2019-05-16 at 10.09.19.png

Anyone else noticed this ?

I'll try and see where I can report this.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Is that the live search? You need to manually click "Live" in the top right to switch to the online list of stations which might be more accurate.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the live search? You need to manually click "Live" in the top right to switch to the online list of stations which might be more accurate.
Live is the same as non-live, location of the charge point is still wrong.

I've emailed Hyundai.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I think the list of points is through TomTom, so you might get a better response from emailing them...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I *believe* the source of maps is HERE - online map editor online here HERE Map Creator

I've updated the location of my nearest charging point and dropped them an email with some questions. I'm hoping we can do a bulk upload of the missing chargers :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I *believe* the source of maps is HERE - online map editor online here HERE Map Creator
I added the shell recharge charges to this map ... it will be interesting to see when the appear. Next up Instavolt ...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I added the shell recharge charges to this map ... it will be interesting to see when the appear. Next up Instavolt ...
Well, approvals seem to be slow, but the first few are trickling through. For example the charger I recently used near Padstow has been accepted -

Screenshot 2019-06-04 at 23.01.25.png

I was hoping that this would appear via the live POI search ( before the next SD card map upgrade ) ... but nothing yet.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Great stuff, keep adding them please! (y)(y)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just finished adding the instavolt chargers to the HERE maps ... still nothing on the car live updates or via the HERE API yet.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm ... well this was a surprise -

So my two nearest instavolt charges have started to show up on the live search !

However, I'm not convinced this came from my submissions to HERE or TOM TOM since the contact information is zap-map ( I always entered the instavolt URL ) -

Anyone else seeing new chargers in the search ?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been pursuing the accuracy of charge points on the maps and being able to useful import kml/gpx data with Hyundai.

I did get a call today saying they've just released sat nav software update and I should speak to my dealer to get it installed.

Booked in for next Friday ... fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Fat chance of my dealer having a clue about any software updates, so I might wait a week or two and then prod them. Let us know what you spot different :) If you could grab a photo of the various software versions too, that would be fantastic. Thanks!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Fat chance of my dealer having a clue about any software updates, so I might wait a week or two and then prod them. Let us know what you spot different :) If you could grab a photo of the various software versions too, that would be fantastic. Thanks!
I asked the forum to make a ‘Software Version’ sticky thread for this reason as we are always interested in what the latest version is, but to no avail! Hint!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, software is now showing as updated on 02.08.2019 but no version number changes, charge point locations on the sat nav are still out-of-date, live update is out-of-date in different ways and kml import of charge points doesn't fix much.

Further email to Hyundai sent.

So mobile phone app remains the best way to find charging point.

Sigh.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I haven't had any notification of the update yet (surprise...) but in any case I think the Zap-Map app is always going to be ahead of the internal or TomTom system, simply because they're a much smaller company whose business model depends on having specifically an up-to-date database of charging points and their status. For TomTom they're just another category of PoI.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For TomTom they're just another category of PoI.
Not quite - they also give us the live status of many charging points.

Really, the live feed from tom-tom should be just as up-to-date as zap map (and others). They get paid to provide this service after all.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Yep but they're a big, slow organisation. Zap-map are small and dedicated to do this and therefore will always be faster and more responsive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The latest North American maps, at least for my area, are years out of date, with no rapid chargers shown. It irks me because built-in station info was one of the car's selling points.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As it happened I talked to Hyundai yesterday about this.

Firstly they said I was the only one complaining so they are surprised I've gotten so concerned about this. So please, if this issue irks you as well, complain to Hyundai ( UK email is [email protected] ).

Secondly they said in the last service I had ( 1 week ago ) the maps were not updated. Current UK map versions are :
  • Software XXX.EUR.SOP.V100.190307
  • Firmware XXX.EUR.287.180914.MICOM.DL
  • NAV APP DAP.EUR.HMC.190102.8C96D9F
  • Map Version EUR.11.47.52.542.201.2(D.F2/E.F2)
So car is back in again next week for the map update.

Attached is my latest complaint FYI.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts