Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a Pod-Point card? How did you go about acquiring it?

I've emailed them, and even though I have a Pod-Point home charger unit I've received no response at all regarding their charging network.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Erm, is that new?! I looked for it last week and couldn't find a link anywhere, must have taken the "wrong path" through their site somehow. :oops:

Not sure it would work that way round with regards plugged in Midlands and Pod-Point, I think sometimes they overlap, but Pod-Point would be "region free", where as your card will allow different operators but "within your region".

I could be wrong, but that's going by the fact my Polar/Chargemaster and Ecotricity cards work on machines with other networks (regional) also on the posts/charge units.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yes, it could well be new as I only started looking at this in the last few days. I tried figuring it out but in the end took cjm's advice to just get all of the cards.

With Chargemaster, I applied online then they rang me a couple of days later and advised me not to pay the £10 joining fee as things are apparently changing in March (not sure what tho :confused:). They mentioned the ChargeNow card which I've now also applied for along with Ecotricity & CYC. Fun and games :)

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it could well be new as I only started looking at this in the last few days. I tried figuring it out but in the end took cjm's advice to just get all of the cards.

With Chargemaster, I applied online then they rang me a couple of days later and advised me not to pay the £10 joining fee as things are apparently changing in March (not sure what tho :confused:). They mentioned the ChargeNow card which I've now also applied for along with Ecotricity & CYC. Fun and games :)
New pricing structure in March. Might be more frequently visiting our local IKEA if that happens.

Ordered the Pod-Point card now. Finally.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Does anyone have a Pod-Point card? How did you go about acquiring it?

I've emailed them, and even though I have a Pod-Point home charger unit I've received no response at all regarding their charging network.

Can anyone help?
I thought I'd got a home charger from British Gas but it turned that by following the instructions on the BG leaflet (go to podpoint.co.uk) and clicking the huge red "Apply Now" button and not the tiny BG link at the bottom of the page, I applied directly to ChargeMaster.

Anyway, I emailed them asking do I get a card or do I have to buy it? Also what about Chargevision monitoring? I got a reply in a few hours to say the card is on its way and here are the details of how to access Chargevision.

Although its nearly two weeks now and the card hasn't turned up yet.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
If BG installed it then you won't get the card or get onto ChargeVision until BG invoice you for the job. You won't have to pay because the invoice is for £0.00 but it is the invoice that triggers your details being sent to ChargeMaster and until they invoice nothing happens.

I had a 12 week wait, I asked and asked on Twitter about it and then ChargeMaster gave me a number to call BG. I called BG and they then invoiced me THAT DAY! A week or so later I got my POLAR card and ChargeVision logon.

If BG didn't install then I would guess that none of that applies???

·
Registered
69 Posts
Probably came quick because no one else can order one unless they have the link above as half the links on their site are broken.

Site looks aesthetically pleasing but I just lost ten minutes of my life I'll never get back going round in circles until I had an inkling speakev would have a working link!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts