Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help with the following...

I have a Q90 with the TCU disconnect issue, pulling the fuse generally works but not 100% of the time. I contacted Renault Support and was told to book it in and support would contact my dealer and tell them what to do. As I understand it they give an ‘Actis Solution Number’ which appears to refer to a database covering software faults. Unfortunately the dealer said they were provided a number that doesn’t relate to Zoe’s so it’s gone back to the support desk.

Does anyone that has had the TCU updated to resolve this issue have the Actis number on their paperwork so that I can give the support desk a nudge?

My Zoe also has the issue with the charge calendar not working after the first timed charge, I understand this is a known issue, anyone have that Actis number? I can kill two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Does anyone that has had the TCU updated to resolve this issue have the Actis number on their paperwork so that I can give the support desk a nudge?

My Zoe also has the issue with the charge calendar not working after the first timed charge, I understand this is a known issue, anyone have that Actis number? I can kill two birds with one stone.
I'd also be interested in this information - the dealer I went to couldn't find anything about the charge scheduler and they'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

I haven't heard anything about a fix for the TCU though - other than that newer Zoes have a different one to earlier models. As far as I'm aware, it's just a crappy TCU that needs resetting periodically - but would be glad to be proved wrong!

·
Zoe Devotee
8,579 Posts
I haven't heard anything about a fix for the TCU though - other than that newer Zoes have a different one to earlier models. As far as I'm aware, it's just a crappy TCU that needs resetting periodically - but would be glad to be proved wrong!
Its crappy yes but shouldn't need resetting periodically. Unless its faulty. Mine died after the fateful compulsory update of Jun 2016 but since its replacement its never given me issue with disconnecting.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m waiting for Renault Support to get back to me, once they’ve got a solution I’ll post it on here.

I’m sure I’d read in here that there was a TCU update for a small number of affected cars along with the same for the Calendar issue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Unfortunately the final result of this is a bit of a mixed bag. My car now works, it appears to be staying connected and the charge scheduling is working as it should (ie for more than one charge). Renault won’t give out the Actis solution number for the fix they used so all I can suggest is contacting Renault Connected Services helpline and reporting the fault.

The symptoms for mine were that the charge scheduling was only working for one charge then charged all the time regardless of setting, the TCU disconnecting itself and needing the fuse pulled. It would even show connected but the services wouldn’t work.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Renault won’t give out the Actis solution number for the fix they used so all I can suggest is contacting Renault Connected Services helpline and reporting the fault.
Which dealership did you use? I've been told that there's a WhatsApp group for Renault EV technicians, so perhaps we can point ours towards yours to get a solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts