Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
With the E-Golf's Active Info Display, can the Speedometer and Odometer be changed between miles and kilometers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
814 Posts
As above. The actual speedo "dial" stayed in mph but it changed all the distances, displayed speeds, cruise control, etc to km. I used the speed limiter a lot when I visited Ireland!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

Toying with idea of importing one, but not sure having main speedo in miles is allowed. Even if there is a second display in km per hour. I’ll have to figure that out.

·
Registered
VW Egolf 2020
3 Posts
Just thinking about the main speedo remaining at Miles when units have been changed to Km - there may be a legal requirement for it to display mph (at least in the UK) - so a question for anyone who has taken their UK egolf to the continent or vice verse, if you changed units did the main speedo switch to the correct local measure ?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Not the clearest photo, but it's the only one I can find. I've got a UK car, this was when I was over in Ireland. I'd changed the units to km (although I kept consumption in miles/kWh because that was what I was most familiar with). The trip, GOM and readout of current speed are in km, but the speedo dial is in mph.

You may be able to see that I had the speed limiter set to 100kph, but the red tick mark of the speed limiter on the dial is sitting at 62mph.

DSC_1116.JPG

·
Registered
VW Egolf 2020
3 Posts
Not the clearest photo, but it's the only one I can find. I've got a UK car, this was when I was over in Ireland. I'd changed the units to km (although I kept consumption in miles/kWh because that was what I was most familiar with). The trip, GOM and readout of current speed are in km, but the speedo dial is in mph.

You may be able to see that I had the speed limiter set to 100kph, but the red tick mark of the speed limiter on the dial is sitting at 62mph.

View attachment 130290
thanks for confirming Jayne that my theory was sadly wrong :-(

·
Registered
814 Posts
thanks for confirming Jayne that my theory was sadly wrong :-(
You had the same theory I did at the time. I still can't see why they couldn't switch it between mph and kph since it's just a computer screen and they obviously have the programming to be able to display either. Although, to be honest, it wasn't a major issue in practice. I just made extensive use of the speed limiter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts