thanks for confirming Jayne that my theory was sadly wrong :-(Not the clearest photo, but it's the only one I can find. I've got a UK car, this was when I was over in Ireland. I'd changed the units to km (although I kept consumption in miles/kWh because that was what I was most familiar with). The trip, GOM and readout of current speed are in km, but the speedo dial is in mph.
You may be able to see that I had the speed limiter set to 100kph, but the red tick mark of the speed limiter on the dial is sitting at 62mph.
View attachment 130290
You had the same theory I did at the time. I still can't see why they couldn't switch it between mph and kph since it's just a computer screen and they obviously have the programming to be able to display either. Although, to be honest, it wasn't a major issue in practice. I just made extensive use of the speed limiter.thanks for confirming Jayne that my theory was sadly wrong :-(