Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone who can give me a hand... I have a 2-year old Chargemaster unit and I would like to add a key operated access. I have not been able to find pictures of this PCB version online but I would be tempted to think that the two wires from the key mechanism would go in the 2-pin socket on the top right corner of the below picture. As simple as that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike, I hadn´t thought about that. Cutting the comms from the car should work too. I will try at some point this week and will let you know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm actually thinking of having a remote controlled switch, it adds a bit more work but it should be good fun getting it to work.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV Exclusive
361 Posts
If the breaker is remote from the unit why not just switch this off when charger not in use?
A simple solution...?

·
Registered
Leaf e+
209 Posts
One easy way to tell, is as it looks like there is a jumper on there to connect the two terminals, simply remove that and see if it disables the charging? Hard to call if it could cause any other issue based on picture but doubt it.

As for switching it remotely, you could look at something like This ESP Relay to switch either the key control, or the signal wire. Try putting a voltmeter on the empty pins marked GSM V+ 0V to see what voltage you get, if it's 5V then you are good to go with that relay module, otherwise I am sure there would be 5V on that board somewhere.

Obligatory warning - only undertake probing around if you are comfortable with working on electronics, and not hold me responsible for any advice given :)

That USB port intrigues me - wonder if they've made it firmware upgradable or something...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it's the remote operation that I'm most interested in. I've re-purposed a Hive Active Plug for this. Small enough to fit inside and can be powered from the mains too. Should work fine, I will post a few pictures once I finish it :)

Reactions: Spike
1 - 10 of 10 Posts