Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Japanese imported E-NV200 (24kWh 2016) is a bit strange. It currently has only 2 front seats and is registered as a van but it has glass side and back windows just like a combi and which are blacked out with a film covering. My plan is to convert it into a part combi. I bought some seats and belts from an older NV200 and I was going to fit just the back 2 foldable seats (third row) and belts to carry 2 extra passengers and still have some cargo space. Fitting the middle row seats will probably involve dropping the traction battery. When I lifted the floor cover, I've found that there are no bolt holes / mounting points / strike bars to fit the seats and seat belts on to. I wonder if someone with an E-NV200 combi would be kind enough to post some photos of the mounting points for the seats and belts? If someone has already carried out this conversion I would be grateful to hear about how you did it and your experiences.
Any thoughts and ideas on this would be most welcome. Anyone who is interested in working on this project, feel free to DM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some photos of the current rear area of the van. Most of bolts holes in the photos don't seem to match the seat belt positions in the diagrams in my previous post. I wonder what these bolt holes are for?
There are no bolt holes on top of the rear wheel arch which is where the third row seats would have to be mounted onto. The floor pan and wheel arches sounds like thin single skin sheet steel, so I guess some strengthening is required?

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan e-NV200 Combi 40 kWh
203 Posts
Some pictures in this older thread:
This should show the location of the two studs (and their nuts) which fix the right hand seat to the wheel arch. As you can see, I've left both the second and third row seat belts undisturbed.

Second photo shows the two seats as stacked in the shed, the one from the left of the car being in front. The fixing holes are the ones without Spanish factory circles drawn around them. I've clicked the two covers back into place, so you see them from underneath, also with factory markings on one.
View attachment 158243 View attachment 158244

·
Registered
203 Posts
The details are covered by carpet, but it looks as though the studs to which the third row seats are fixed are on little squarish oblong pads or humps, those pads being spot welded to the wheel arches. (Two studs, two pads, for each seat.) It's less obvious how the litttle bar for the anchor point of the seats is fixed to the floor, but it seems there is a small dish-like piece welded into a cut-out just above the reinforcement under the floor which runs across a little behind the back axle. The dish makes a decent size dimple for the locking claw of the seat to go into, with a little bar bolted across the dish for the claw to hold.

I'll take a look with a camera in daylight tomorrow.

The second row seats' front hinged supports are on a much bigger pad, running right across, itself fixed to the floor pan with about six Torx bolts. Their back fold-out legs clip to the floor into similar fixings as the legs of the back seats. (All the works for that are concealed by carpet, too.)

@VoltsDC might find the 7-seater diesel NV200 breaker of eBay item 144006853979 helpful for obtaining fixing parts? It might not take the seller very long to remove the right patches from wheel arches and floor with an angle grinder. I guess the project might also need seat belt fixing points, if those are not built in to the original van structure.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ruler Audio equipment Measuring instrument Office ruler Eyelash
Rectangle Material property Font Technology Circuit component
The small raised pads for the back row seat fixings, welded to the rear wheel arch and carrying the studs for fixing the seat hinge. (Click to embiggen, I hope.)

Wood Font Hand tool Material property Rectangle
One of the fixings for the claw on the seat fold-down leg. There's a welded-in dish in the floor pan, invisible from below because it's inside a cross-member just behind the back axle. The measuring tape runs across from the wheel arch - add a few millimetres because my wheel arch is covered in carpet. The edges of the dish carry what are presumably welded-in nuts for the two bolts holding the seat's locking bar (and a tie-down hook at one end of it). The fold-down legs of the middle row seats fit into very similar dishes, hidden inside another crossmember.

Hand tool Tool Metalworking hand tool Auto part Automotive exterior
The front hinge sections of the middle row seats are fitted on a substantial raised section, itself fixed down to what are much harder to see, but also look like welded-on reinforcing plates. Six bolts with big Torx heads fix the long hinge section to the floor.

The third row seat belts have a bottom fixing on the side of the wheel arch, and a top fixing in the pillar next to a van-door top hinge or a tailgate gas spring bracket. I can't see the details on mine without a certain amount of work removing trim and carpets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts