Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All - I found myself charging over night at a friends house. The 3 Pin trickle charge cable etc that comes with the golf is quite short (less than 5 meters). i therefore needed to use an extension cable to reach the three pin plug at the back of their garage.

I have decided to add a 15m weatherproof extension lead permanently to the other two cables that come with the car as I think this is fairly essential. I will keep this in the boot of the car with the other cables.

Thought I would share I bought one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006X09WDC

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has arrived and is 13 Amp core cable, looks as thick a cable in real life as you would often get for 13A three pin plug. It fits great in the under compartment of the boot with the other two cables. Also rated 4.6 out of 5 by reviewers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
looks good. just read the reviews and there are some comments about bulky plugs not fitting into the socket. do you mind letting us know if the plug on the vw charger fits ok please?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The plug is fine to fit in, the cable is a little thick, but the weather proof seal does close....just.... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts