Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
aka Biscitt, Volt Hunter.
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chi Onwurah raised the issue of recycling electric vehicle batteries after the Matt Hancock Coronavirus update in Parliament. Worth a watch it can be found on You Tube it is after the main briefing about 31mins from the end.

This is the link to the Live Guardian News stream:

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Remarkably few members present in the House for that speech - is this usual? Maybe it just has to get spoken & so reported in Hansard, and that's it? Still, the messages are getting through, the drowsy beast is starting to stir!

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I'd been looking at getting some used EV batteries for home energy storage before brexit took my job. You can get them remarkably cheap now, £500+shipping for 3kWh, but they don't seem to be available in Europe. I was wondering if maybe you could get part of a scrapped Leaf pack or something.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Most of the time there are very few MPs in their seats in the House of Commons. yes, they read Hansard if they are interested. Once it has been spoken in the HoC then it is on record and questions to ministers, as this contained, can be referred to.

It is great to see that thiese issues, often ignored when discussing EVs, are starting to be addressed. Without them, and many others, EV take-up will not happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts