Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have a 2013 Zoe Q210 and I find the 'creep' speed pretty high and erratic and was wondering if there may be a setting in (DDT4ALL which I am more than familiar with) or CAN CLIP which can adjust the speed or even turn it off altogether seeing as Renault do not put a button on the dashboard that can turn the creep feature off like Tesla may do on their cars (and some other EV manufacturers)

I realise that the speed can be controlled with the footbrake when reversing or going forward but it does not give you as much finite control . I need more control ie , car only going forward when I put my foot lightly on the accelerator and not have the car accelerate for me without my foot on the accelerator!

any ideas?

·
Registered
554 Posts
never heard of this being adjustable. bit of a shame, specially in super slow queueing traffic as the zoe will try and creep while you lightly brake, essentially accelerating against brakes in very slow speeds until you hit "0" at which point it disables it while u press brake/handbrake is on

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,722 Posts
Yes, use the gear stick ;)

I know it sounds a bit erm, well, you know, but really I am not. I am driving like that always. Also, using the brake pedal is not as bad as it sounds. If you use CanZE you can see exactly when the pressure disables the creep in the wheel torque green bar. After a couple of days driving like that, both are second nature.

I realize I am of course a CanZE addict.

The stone hard answer is that I do not know if what you ask is possible. It might be hidden somewhere on ECUs of the E-bus or even hard-coded.

·
Registered
Zoe R110
481 Posts
Personally I use the handbrake to switch off the creep in stop/start traffic. Once the car detects the handbrake switch (before the first click) it turns off the motor power but the brakes aren't applied yet. It allows you to then roll on to a stop without the car fighting itself. It would be nice to get a slower speed however I think the motor would get down to a point and start cogging, and Renault would not want that.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally I use the handbrake to switch off the creep in stop/start traffic. Once the car detects the handbrake switch (before the first click) it turns off the motor power but the brakes aren't applied yet. It allows you to then roll on to a stop without the car fighting itself. It would be nice to get a slower speed however I think the motor would get down to a point and start cogging, and Renault would not want that.
I done a little check on my Zoe 2013 Q210 and it cuts out the motor in reverse when pulling up the handbrake but still creeps when going forward in drive even when I pull up the handbrake a little bit. Strange. :unsure:

·
Registered
Zoe R110
481 Posts
How odd. Pretty sure I found out about the handbrake idea when I had my first Zoe which was a 2013 Q210, same as yours.

Hmmm, I'm going to blame the person playing around with DDT4all 😎 kind of surprised the handbrake doesnt operate the windows, the horn or something daft 😀

• Haha
Reactions: Andy-Zoé-User

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How odd. Pretty sure I found out about the handbrake idea when I had my first Zoe which was a 2013 Q210, same as yours.

Hmmm, I'm going to blame the person playing around with DDT4all 😎 kind of surprised the handbrake doesnt operate the windows, the horn or something daft 😀
Haha - I cannot even get DDT4ALL to do up the windows when i press the lock button on the keycard, let alone the handbrake :LOL:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd love to know what cool/useful stuff you have done with ddt4all?
If you do , have a look here ... although I haven't updated the topic for a while this will give you an idea of some of the things I have achieved and done to my Zoe already. - had I a later Zoe there may have been more things I might have been able to modify.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts