Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Admin,

Now that some of the members have had emails confirming they have been selected for one of the pending Ioniq 5 vehicles, and there seems to be quite a few posts regarding the Ioniq 5 - any chance that we can have a specific Hyundai Ioniq 5 thread please

Many Thanks

Phil

·
Administrator
461 Posts
Hi everyone,

I can absolutely add new sections but I would need more feedback from the site. Adding additional forum sections, especially ones that may get little use (for now), often ends up causing site clutter and "where do I put this thread overload" for new members. We want to keep things as focused as possible.

Between the two requested, which would get the most attention? Ioniq 5? We can start with one and then add a second in. Admittingly, I'm well versed in most cars but definitely not in the EV world. If both of these models will drive a lot of new traffic, I'm happy to add them both.

-Mike

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ioniq 5 is one of the hottest prospects in EVs. There is MASSIVE interest in the Ioniq 5.
As wja96 says above, interest in the Hyundai Ioniq 5 is massive, on the world reveal and subsequent order page (for the initial batch of 3000 limited special edition) Which by the way crashed the website, there were in excess of 296,000 expressions of interest in the vehicle in the 1st 24 hours. It is one of the most eagerly anticipated EV releases this year, if you want any more justification go on youtube to see what interest, especially with the ev car vloggers to see how popular this car is, and is going to be.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Currently all Ioniq 5 posts are being placed in the general discussion. All 3,000 Project 45 editions were reserved within 24 hrs of launch. With possible summer deliveries there is bound to be a lot of traffic as specifications, performance and foibles develop. Therefore a sub brand would seem sensible. However as Ioniq is the EV only brand being developed by Hyundai, should Ioniq be listed as a manufacturer?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Currently all Ioniq 5 posts are being placed in the general discussion. All 3,000 Project 45 editions were reserved within 24 hrs of launch. With possible summer deliveries there is bound to be a lot of traffic as specifications, performance and foibles develop. Therefore a sub brand would seem sensible. However as Ioniq is the EV only brand being developed by Hyundai, should Ioniq be listed as a manufacturer?
No, it’s still got Hyundai badges on it. As far as I’m concerned it’s still a Hyundai.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Interesting a BMW i4 section was added. With zero posts (and presumably zero people interested). Maybe posher brands have a different approach to forums.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts