Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as per title we're going to have to sell our 2014 leaf 24 due to my wife starting a new job. Just wondering if I can get a few opinions on what I should be asking for it ?
It's an unusual one I guess as it's got 125k miles on it ( taxi before we bought it ) However it's just been MOT'd and only needed a track rod end to pass so it's still in perfectly serviceable condition.
It's missing 2 bars of battery now but I've never bothered to delve further in the nearly 3 years we've owned it re leafspy. It does the usual 50 ish miles they tend to do on 2 bars down so I presume the battery isn't totally buggered.

It's an acenta but the previous owner decided to spec it up with a leather tekna interior and 17 inch wheels.

Anyhoo, drives fine and we would have run it into the ground if wifies new job didn't involve the travelling it does.
Was guessing asking for offers around 3k but I don't know if that's reasonable or not ?
I'm in the north of scotland so that limits potential buyers I would think.

Grateful for any thoughts.

Eddie.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
7,755 Posts
I'm in the north of scotland so that limits potential buyers I would think.

Grateful for any thoughts.
My thought would be that it would still be a valuable run around car for one of the outer islands like Orkney where you would be hard pressed to drive 50 miles a day. And there is a guy who lives there and sells EVs. Also a forum member @jonathanporterfield50.

I would get in touch with him to see if he has a buyer there looking for such a bargain.

Contact Eco Cars - Used Electric cars for sale from Eco Cars (eco-cars.net)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Heh - I'm central belt (have done Orkney + back on a 24) and I'd bite your arm off for it for 3K - IDK if I'm on the wrong side of things but I'd say it's a good deal - maybe a tad on the lower side (I'm crap at pricing cars though)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd also bite your arm of at 3k.

Either;
Sell it to me for £3k

Get in touch with ecocars, as Hitstirrer suggests

Stick it on eBay, will definitely go for above 3k

I should note that I'm genuinely interested, looking for a second car for the Mrs when she returns to work post covid, as we got rid of her petrol burner over lockdown.

So if you want it to go to a good home... Hit me up.

If I were you though I'd put it out on the open market with ecocars

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies and advice. It'll probably be a month or so before I put it up for sale and I'll likely let it be known on this site for anyone interested.
Maybe 3k is a tad cheap but I would rather a quick sale to an enthusiast than an endless stream of tyre kickers.

Going to really miss it, it's been utterly painless to own, can't believe the toughness of these cars and how they take higher miles in their stride.
Totally sold on the EV experience though. Will definitely be getting back into the market when the current crop of longer range offerings lose some of their value and appear on the forecourts.

Eddie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts