Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 4 years I’ve been driving a VW Passat GTE. It’s time to order my next company car, I’m leaning towards the Enyaq. I’m UK based and my car use falls into three categories. 1) work commute, 80miles each way, all motorway. 2) holiday trips, typically around 130miles each way, country lanes through the hills of snowdonia. 3) general local journeys. I’m leaning towards the Enyaq 80, looking at EV database this should allow a two way commute on a single charge and the one way holiday journeys on a charge.

Question, would people’s experience show such trips can be done on a single charge throughout the seasons?

In terms of options, what are peoples views of the heat pump option.

Question, I know we haven’t yet had a winter in the UK since the Enyaq launch, but do people have views around the affect on range with the heat pump in the winter?

In terms of the 125KW charging options England seems to be getting more chargers that could support this charge rate. North Wales is mostly 22KW max.

What are peoples thoughts on fast charging?

what other options should I consider?

I’ve managed to arrange a 5 day test drive later this month. I’ll be testing the range during this trial.

thanks for any feedback in advance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the Enyaq 60 with the fast charging.

I drove 120 miles on Thursday without stopping. Starting in North West England and ending in North East England. It's across the Pennines and the highest motorway in England, so lots of up and down. When I arrived I had 111 miles left on the battery.

Did the reverse journey back Yesterday afternoon and had 108 miles left on the battery when I got home. Again, I started with 100% battery, I did not stop to charge.

I do a lot of "around town" drives and a commute once a week which is about 13 miles each way.

All of this is absolutely fine with the 60 without a heat pump. The 80 would more than cover the needs you've given above, even the 60 would be fine for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Enyaq 60 with the fast charging.

I drove 120 miles on Thursday without stopping. Starting in North West England and ending in North East England. It's across the Pennines and the highest motorway in England, so lots of up and down. When I arrived I had 111 miles left on the battery.

Did the reverse journey back Yesterday afternoon and had 108 miles left on the battery when I got home. Again, I started with 100% battery, I did not stop to charge.

I do a lot of "around town" drives and a commute once a week which is about 13 miles each way.

All of this is absolutely fine with the 60 without a heat pump. The 80 would more than cover the needs you've given above, even the 60 would be fine for you.
Thanks for this update, helps settle the nerves

1 - 3 of 3 Posts