Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is quite different as EV prototypes go...

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
This is quite different as EV prototypes go...
You would get pulled by the plod and told the fins are a dangerous thing, you could hurt someone if you ran them over.
You'd need a very load bicycle bell to make sure people got out of the way but put me down for two. The weekend one can have a purple metal flake wrap.

Gaz

Reactions: BornAgainEcoWarrior

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y LR '72 | Nissan Leaf 24 '64
1,895 Posts
Those who prefer to drive their Hipercar farther distances without the hassle of stopping to charge can add the optional Cosworth turbine range-extender. The 110-lb (50-kg) micro-turbine kicks in when activated by the battery management system, and runs at a fixed 110,000 rpm to develop a continuous 35 kW output to maintain battery charge level.
Now this is the kind of PHEV I like: pure electric motor driven, (probably) expensive and bonkers optional extra for fossil heads.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
5,885 Posts
IIRC, Jaguar's CX-75 was originally supposed to have a similar drivetrain.
Jag then got cold feet, fitted V6's to the prototypes and sold them to the then current Bond film as baddie cars.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IIRC, Jaguar's CX-75 was originally supposed to have a similar drivetrain.
Jag then got cold feet, fitted V6's to the prototypes and sold them to the then current Bond film as baddie cars.
Surely this car has a future in movies.
Sadly guess it may look a bit less batshit crazy with paintwork and after NCAP testing means they have to remove all the pointy bits, but still this car was born to the movies.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now this is the kind of PHEV I like: pure electric motor driven, (probably) expensive and bonkers optional extra for fossil heads.
I have in my head that an electric turbine could be light and fairly efficient but looks like historically gargantuan fuel consumption was one of the reasons (direct) turbines didn't catch on.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Vivaro Cargo 50kwh
830 Posts
Wow, it looks great! Menacing, and slightly evil. The turbine is optional, so it can be a pure EV. The front aero fins are there to help the air flow past the mirrors - surely cameras would be better? Then you'd be able to see out the back, and could do without the fins so it could stand a chance of being allowed on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts