Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy to report that nothing has changed.

And I haven't been babying the car. If I'm not driving for range, I'm doing 70-75 mph. And I'm using a rapid charger pretty much every other day.

On another note, I'd like to give kudos to Ecotricity. On my return trip from Dorset yesterday afternoon I was able to go the 'normal' route home via bath after confirming the live status of the Magor rapid over the phone just as I was reaching the decision point near Longleat. Awesome stuff.

I have no worries about attempting and completing journeys beyond the range of the Leaf thanks to their rapid charge network. It's delivered well for me so far and makes other networks look rather stupid.

After stopping at Magor for a 'rapid rapid' I made it home after 105 miles with a total journey time of 2 hrs 40 - only 30 minutes longer than it would have taken in my Girlfriends' ICE.

I could have made it in a single charge but I bottled it :p

·
Registered
150 Posts
Excellent, and I'm sticking my tongue out at the long-range naysayers while reading your post too! :D
I think you are missing the point here Paul. It is not that it can't be done and not that it shouldn't be done. It is just that it is not attractive for me to travel in this way, and also not to the majority of new adopters.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent, and I'm sticking my tongue out at the long-range naysayers while reading your post too! :D
:)

I don't worry about taking the Leaf beyond its range anymore (in fact, I'm not sure I ever did). It's incredibly easy and makes absolute financial sense. This weekend would have cost me about 50 quid in diesel. It ended up costing me 2 quid for a bottle of water from the services at Magor.

The last three months really have been an eye opener. My salary is paid into my current account at the end of the month, and after all the DDs and the mortgage has gone out, my balance barely moves. Getting a Leaf has been, without a doubt, the best car purchase decision I have ever made. Fuel costs were such a massive part of my monthly outgoings. Being able to cover the distances I do for practically bugger all is incredibly surreal.

And one of my colleagues was so impressed, he went and bought a 2013 tekna on saturday - from a dealership in nottingham. He works here during the week and goes back to Reading at the weekends.

We've got three Leafs in the works car park!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts