Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

After 4 months using my new Leaf 30kW and after 7500 km driving it, using slow, normal and fast chargers, when I need, with absolutely no problems and enjoying it every day, yesterday I had an incident that requires that the car will go to the dealer today morning by a truck.

Sunday 23:00, 30% of charge in my Leaf, I decided to get some amount of charge befor go home, to be able to go to my work on Monday, where the car will be charge on normal (6kW) charge plug for many hours.

After reach 50% of SOC, I decided to push the stop button of the charge because it's late, the charge was enough to my use on Monday before charging, and i wait for the finish procedure of the charger.

When the charges show the indication of unplug, I done and put the plug in the charger receptacle, and the charger gives an error on the display, it's late to call to the charger service, and nobody answer.

So, since I get the charge, I decided to go home instead the charger problem, but the car doesn´t works!!, the display shows as usaual, the SOC shows the charge correctly, but some alarm indication appears on the cockpit, and when I try to select the D position, only the neutral N position is selected.

I phone to the Nissan Service and they send a truck to elevate my mar and send it on Monday to the dealer workshop.

The charger is new in the city, and it seems that some missundertanding between charger and car could left the car waiting for something, but it is really strane.

Did anyone have any similar problems?

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Hi to all,

After 4 months using my new Leaf 30kW and after 7500 km driving it, using slow, normal and fast chargers, when I need, with absolutely no problems and enjoying it every day, yesterday I had an incident that requires that the car will go to the dealer today morning by a truck.

Sunday 23:00, 30% of charge in my Leaf, I decided to get some amount of charge befor go home, to be able to go to my work on Monday, where the car will be charge on normal (6kW) charge plug for many hours.

After reach 50% of SOC, I decided to push the stop button of the charge because it's late, the charge was enough to my use on Monday before charging, and i wait for the finish procedure of the charger.

When the charges show the indication of unplug, I done and put the plug in the charger receptacle, and the charger gives an error on the display, it's late to call to the charger service, and nobody answer.

So, since I get the charge, I decided to go home instead the charger problem, but the car doesn´t works!!, the display shows as usaual, the SOC shows the charge correctly, but some alarm indication appears on the cockpit, and when I try to select the D position, only the neutral N position is selected.

I phone to the Nissan Service and they send a truck to elevate my mar and send it on Monday to the dealer workshop.

The charger is new in the city, and it seems that some missundertanding between charger and car could left the car waiting for something, but it is really strane.

Did anyone have any similar problems?

Best regards,
Did you press the Emergency Stop, or the standard Stop Charge button?
What make of charger was it (DBT, ABB, Siemens etc.)?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I press the display button for stopr charge, the charger perform the procedure, showing some different messages like "stopping charge" "clossing communication" and so, and finally, the charger show me the indication of " dissconnect the car plug and insert on the charger receptacle" and when I do this, the comm error appears.

What I'm surprised i that this could affect to the car.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've issues at the high speed chargers before, same problem as you, when this happens I've had to turn off, wait 30 seconds, you can hear some relays power down, then turn back on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After two days, yesterday evening I pick the car up at dealer workhouse, they said that nothing is wrong, that they "reset" the car by disconnecting all systems, battery included, to make some kind of general reset, revise all fuses and circuitry and nothing wrong was found, so they test the car two days recharging from slow and fast chargers and the car hasn't problems instead that for some reason, for self protection against somethig that they don't know, the system was blocked is a "protected mode"....

I ask for some method to do some reset in case of another incidence to avoid two days without car, crane and so one, but they said that there isn't option for the users...

For me, the explanaitions are poor, I haven't any notice before regarding such protection mode from the manual and nobody report any similar behauviour.

So, I have the car, all it's working as before.

Best regards,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts