Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In one year or so there will be 1,000 OVO V2G units up for sale to the participating home owners at 1p each.
I am sure OVO will have a post trial offer but this also creates an opportunity for an enterprising org to offer ovo v2g home partners something else.
For example, converting the chargers into V2H.
Is anyone else thinking along these lines?

·
Registered
Kia eNiro 4+, White
209 Posts
I have 19 or so KWh of batteries at home. Am on Octopus Go Faster as I need the extra hour to charge if the previous day has had crap sunshine. I pay an average of 6p / unit for all my electricity. I keep an eye on agile but I honestly don't see the point. I use a lot of electricity due to servers etc and this works for me. If I switched to Agile I might do a bit better, but at the risk of doing worse

Sean

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
In one year or so there will be 1,000 OVO V2G units up for sale to the participating home owners at 1p each.
I am sure OVO will have a post trial offer but this also creates an opportunity for an enterprising org to offer ovo v2g home partners something else.
For example, converting the chargers into V2H.
Is anyone else thinking along these lines?
Yes. Very likely we'll have some kind of offer around V2H for the trial participants akin to our soon to be launched V2H offering.

There's a fair bit of discussion on the facebook group around this but to summarise key changes - it'll likely be the existing app with solar matching (same as smart charger), load matching, tariff integration and an improved scheduling.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts