Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been thinking out a few things that could be done to ‘improve’ the ZS EV. (aside from heat pumps, corrosion resistance and timers & apps)

1. Aerodynamic underside to the car.

2. Redesigned charge flap.

3. Centre headrest

4. Centre rear armrest.

Reactions: Sausalito

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lumbar support

Reactions: Carty and Sausalito

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Found you a nice air freshener;)

Think I'd start with basics like some half decent mats. Does the EV take the same ones as the petrol version do we know?
Some of the oversea's video's I have been watching have the carpet over mats already installed ?.
Dare we wish they come with the car ???.
They have the MG logo stitched in the bottom corner nearest to the door when it is opened, it looks like the logo is in white ?.
If we have to buy them, I will be looking for a set of over mats in black with the MG logo stitched in red to match the body colour.
Tidy !.
Not sure if the ICE carpets will fit ?.
Mind you, the SZ was designed to be both an ICE and battery car at conception I believe.
Can't see the EV being a completely different body shell ????.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I been thinking out a few things that could be done to ‘improve’ the ZS EV. (aside from heat pumps, corrosion resistance and timers & apps)

1. Aerodynamic underside to the car.

2. Redesigned charge flap.

3. Centre headrest

4. Centre rear armrest.
Sounds like a ....... Kia e- Niro ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Some of the oversea's video's I have been watching have the carpet over mats already installed ?.
Dare we wish they come with the car ???.
They have the MG logo stitched in the bottom corner nearest to the door when it is opened, it looks like the logo is in white ?.
If we have to buy them, I will be looking for a set of over mats in black with the MG logo stitched in red to match the body colour.
Tidy !.
Not sure if the ICE carpets will fit ?.
Mind you, the SZ was designed to be both an ICE and battery car at conception I believe.
Can't see the EV being a completely different body shell ????.
You are right, I seen some Thai vids and when they lift the boot panel there are brand new mats in plastic, under neath.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I thought I would just Roll with this. I got carried away with Photoshop ? ?

View attachment 122081 View attachment 122081

Buck, I came across this AD for an MG special called 'The Shadow Edition' its all Black , looks nice.

MG ZS Shadow Edition

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: buck eejit

·
Registered
65 Posts
How about a personalised no plate? The DVLA have about 20 numbers for sale at £799 they run from MG 11 EZS to MG 68 EZS. Source James Coates MG face book page.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have ordered my own non MG one....

Reactions: Robson and Carty

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'd like some sort of frunk. There is plenty of space under the bonnet and the bonnet release is by the drivers knee which is much better than most cars which have been left in the passengers footwell.
Enough space to store charge cables and a few bits and pieces. Need to run the car to see what gets hot though.
I shall try and remember to get my thermal camera out on the next test drive.

I've already started the investigation for a better front grill/charge port. Using a petrol version grill (off ebay) and making the charge port simply behind the badge, also changing the breathing effect (which I've not actually seen) into a full width effect over the grill with small LED's. When I get a proper look at the car I shall be investigation further. This is all assuming there is a tiny bit of slack on the internal charge cable as having to change anything on that puts things right out of possibility.
I did think of adding a little servo to the charge flap to make it drive open and closed but that is getting a bit too nerdy even for me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
What I'd personally like to find is some sort of engine protection. At the moment there is just a hole identical to the petrol version, this dramatically increases the amount of dust, dirt, corrosion, and drag.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,296 Posts
I'd like some sort of frunk
You know the boot is 470ltrs right? There isn't a need to make room under the bonnet for the charge lead.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I looked in the boot yesterday there was a granny lead and a type two in a space under the floor with the puncture repare kit. No real need to find more space unless you have a boot full of luggage and don't want to empty it to access the lead.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,296 Posts
When I looked in the boot yesterday there was a granny lead and a type two in a space under the floor with the puncture repare kit. No real need to find more space unless you have a boot full of luggage and don't want to empty it to access the lead.
So the granny lead and the puncture kit stay in the place where you'll never need them. And the type 2 goes in a bag in the boot beside all the other stuff for when you need it. Easy. Seems your making a mountain out of a mole hill. My type 2 has lived in my boot for the last 5 years and its been no issue. When on holidays if the boot is rammed I put the cable and bag on the floor in the back, kids don't need floor space they've only got wee legs.

Reactions: Carty

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
So the granny lead and the puncture kit stay in the place where you'll never need them. And the type 2 goes in a bag in the boot beside all the other stuff for when you need it. Easy. Seems your making a mountain out of a mole hill. My type 2 has lived in my boot for the last 5 years and its been no issue. When on holidays if the boot is rammed I put the cable and bag on the floor in the back, kids don't need floor space they've only got wee legs.
If I go decide to go through with the order of the SZ EV after the LONG ......... awaited test drive, I think I may favour semi retiring the "Granny" to the garage, only to be brought out for trips where the lack of charging posts way be an issue.
Then, maybe purchase a "Bog Standard" steel wheel rim from MG and install good quality budget tyre that can be used for emergency purposes only.
A bit of a "Get you Home" type of set up really.
Many cars now just don't have the space under the boot floor to take a spare wheel and tyre anymore, the MG is probably the exception to the rule in this department.
I guess the ZS EV shares the very same body shell as all of the ICE model cars produced, therefore the facility for spare wheel is a great option !.
My present car has NO spare wheel & tyre set up, yes I have the inflation kit and two cans of Holts tyre weld as a back up plan.
But there is no replacement for a spare wheel in my opinion.
Yes, if your tyre is damaged beyond the scope of tyre foam, then you can call the recovery people of course.
If they are very busy, it could take them a couple of hours to reach you for what is a 15 min job.
I will save that call out for when I run out of HV battery I think !.
There looks enough room in the spare wheel well on the ICE models to accommodate both the spare wheel and the type 2 cable with no problems at all.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'd like some sort of frunk. There is plenty of space under the bonnet and the bonnet release is by the drivers knee which is much better than most cars which have been left in the passengers footwell.
Enough space to store charge cables and a few bits and pieces. Need to run the car to see what gets hot though.
I shall try and remember to get my thermal camera out on the next test drive.

I've already started the investigation for a better front grill/charge port. Using a petrol version grill (off ebay) and making the charge port simply behind the badge, also changing the breathing effect (which I've not actually seen) into a full width effect over the grill with small LED's. When I get a proper look at the car I shall be investigation further. This is all assuming there is a tiny bit of slack on the internal charge cable as having to change anything on that puts things right out of possibility.
I did think of adding a little servo to the charge flap to make it drive open and closed but that is getting a bit too nerdy even for me.
Interesting Mods. I look forward to seeing them finished. Ignore the moaners ;)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts