Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

As the title suggests if you are on the Octopus Agile tariff are you using an app, and if so which one and why?

I'm now on Agile and wanted to know if using an app is worthwhile.

Thanks in advance :)

John.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Hello all,

As the title suggests if you are on the Octopus Agile tariff are you using an app, and if so which one and why?

I'm now on Agile and wanted to know if using an app is worthwhile.

Thanks in advance :)

John.
Octopus Energy Watchdog and Octopus Watch. The latter requires a subscription to access a shed load of data.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The ohme charger has tight integration to the agile tariff. Otherwise look at ifttt to make near best use.
Payback for the Ohme cable (currently £200 through Octopus) may take a while! Not sure whether it's worth it for me.

John.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Octopus Energy Watchdog and Octopus Watch. The latter requires a subscription to access a shed load of data.
Do these apps work OK? I've heard of Octopus watch - are there any privacy problems with it?

Can't find Octopus Energy Watchdog in Google Play.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
190 Posts
Octopus Watch (Android) without the subscription.

You give it the API keys in your account. I'm not aware of any privacy problems, I suppose in theory it could send those keys or your electricity usage data somewhere, although I'm not sure what use that is to anybody else.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Octopus Watch (Android) without the subscription.

You give it the API keys in your account. I'm not aware of any privacy problems, I suppose in theory it could send those keys or your electricity usage data somewhere, although I'm not sure what use that is to anybody else.
Thanks - I've heard that you can produce loads of stats with the subscription. Is it worth looking at that?

John

Octopus Energy Watchdog is an IOS app which only works with iPhones
OK thanks - that's why I couldn't find it then. :)

John

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks - I've heard that you can produce loads of stats with the subscription. Is it worth looking at that?
Apparently there are loads of reports you can run with the sub, notifications, and the predicted rates thing sounds useful. Not sure it's worth £1/month. Might save that if the predicted rates works, dunno. Not really that bothered, just want to know the best time to charge the car or switch on the dishwasher!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
If you buy a 'Glow Stick or a Glow IHD from Hildebrand, you'll have access to their 'Bright' app and can also write your own using their APIs. An improvement on using the Octopus APIs as it can use current metering data rather than waiting till Octopus retrieve their data the following morning.

Reactions: Anaglypta
1 - 10 of 10 Posts