Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a couple of articles today about self driving trucks. The first one was Starsky's failed bid to create self driving trucks that would.stay in one lane (never overtake) and would only go on quiet simple to navigate highways (presumably in US as I haven't found a quiet motorway in the UK yet).

The second was Einride who are demoing a system where one operator can move multiple trucks at the same time. Currently they can move two but are looking to be able to control up to 10 with one operator.

Having read those I think I have a brilliant start up idea. I can have one operator move up to 100 truck loads on a quiet highway where I know exactly what the traffic will be. It could massively reduce the need for lorries. I am thinking of calling it a train, and the highway would be called railway tracks. The railway tracks will cross cross the country and be controlled with a traffic light system and the operator (let's call him a train driver) can move all the truck loads together in one go.

Additionally I could perhaps use electric wires to power this new form of transport.

Alternatively if that doesn't sound feasible I could invest billions trying to get a system of cameras and radars and advanced computers that might be able to move a truck to allow companies to save the 1% of the train drivers salary from moving one truck.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Sounds great, but you'll need to run rails to every supermarket, depot, etc, in each city and provide a local driver for each truck as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts