Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much the air-con/heating system consumes per minute/hour at a given target temperature?

I've started using the pre-heat feature without plugging in in the 2020 BEV model and have noticed that when I get in I've about 10-20 miles of less range.

·
Life's too short to wait for a Kona .....
43 Posts
I presume this is the same as my first Gen model, so if you select 'EV' then 'ECO Driving', you can see the consumption used. Perhaps you can then extrapolate the data using different temp settings? To be honest though, in this cold weather the range varies over a few miles quite a bit; This morning (-1 degrees), it started at 130 miles, and after a mile said 139 miles. I drove down into a frosty valley and it went down to 129 miles...all of this in a couple of miles. Having returned from a 10 miles journey, I've got a range of 132 miles (now +7 degrees). What I do know is that the pre-heat is worth putting on, as it was lovely when I started, with clear screens etc. Unless you are desperate for the total range for a particular journey, just enjoy (and your range id much better than mine on 2020) I'm on Octopus Go at 5p per kw, so say 10-15p for the luxury of a warm start to the day...I can make up that expense by forgetting to buy the missus her crisps with her drink......:)

Looking forward to some stats from your driving experience as you are the first one out of the blocks...I fancy buying a 2020 model to go with my 2018 model...'cos the better half rarely lets go of the keys to mine!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I presume this is the same as my first Gen model, so if you select 'EV' then 'ECO Driving', you can see the consumption used. Perhaps you can then extrapolate the data using different temp settings? To be honest though, in this cold weather the range varies over a few miles quite a bit; This morning (-1 degrees), it started at 130 miles, and after a mile said 139 miles. I drove down into a frosty valley and it went down to 129 miles...all of this in a couple of miles. Having returned from a 10 miles journey, I've got a range of 132 miles (now +7 degrees). What I do know is that the pre-heat is worth putting on, as it was lovely when I started, with clear screens etc. Unless you are desperate for the total range for a particular journey, just enjoy (and your range id much better than mine on 2020) I'm on Octopus Go at 5p per kw, so say 10-15p for the luxury of a warm start to the day...I can make up that expense by forgetting to buy the missus her crisps with her drink......:)

Looking forward to some stats from your driving experience as you are the first one out of the blocks...I fancy buying a 2020 model to go with my 2018 model...'cos the better half rarely lets go of the keys to mine!
Haha thanks. That's really useful. I think you're right. I only do a 5 mile return commute each day. It's my first EV so I guess I'm just being really conscious of the percentage etc.

I plan on creating some stats soon - any useful ones that you're interested in?

Let me know if you ever have any questions about purchasing the 2020 model. I'm quite pleased so far. I really like the app, it's handy. I left a review and the development team have already gotten back to me saying they're considering my suggestions and a feature I requested is already planned for April

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine pulls up to 6kW when cold and trying to get to the 21/22°C set point. It ramps up to that and rarely stays at that level for long before I'm toasty. But, doing that repeatedly on short runs skews the averages downwards a fair bit. Less so on long runs of course.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts