Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, on my 2014 PHEV, now 5 years old, suddenly in the middle of another heatwave here in AU, the aircon stopped working. When checked it turned out that all the gas had escaped because 2 lines were rubbing on each other. Mitsubishi quoted $2200 AUD for the repair because the car is just out off warranty. I argued the lines must have been rubbing for a long time when the car was still within the warranty period. I am waiting now for a response from Mitsubishi.
Did this happen to any other PHEVs?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now here is the good news, just half an hour ago I had a call from my local Mitsubishi dealer: Mitsubishi will pay for the replacement of the pipes in Question. How's that for service? I am wrapped.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Now here is the good news, just half an hour ago I had a call from my local Mitsubishi dealer: Mitsubishi will pay for the replacement of the pipes in Question. How's that for service? I am wrapped.
That is good

·
Outlander PHEV App - EvBatMon.
117 Posts
Awesome outcome, thanks for sharing. I think I've been using AC this year more than ever before around Sydney, so humid!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know where the rubbing occurred? Sounds like something to check

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the rubbing is between the high-pressure line (ridged) and the line from the compressor to the heat exchanger (radiator) flexible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will wait until Mitsubishi has installed the new lines next week, maybe they have a bracket to keep the flexible line fixed so it can no longer vibrate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will wait until Mitsubishi has installed the new lines next week, maybe they have a bracket to keep the flexible line fixed so it can no longer vibrate.
So now it is all fixed: they replaced both lines and fitted them far enough apart so they should not touch, but I will keep an eye on it. Apart from the two lines: compressor discharge and condenser outlet, they replaced
Receiver Assy-A/C ?? don't know what that is? plus regassed and checked. All with No Charge. I am Happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts