Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The compressor runs but no cold is achieved on my 2015 van. I guess a trip to Nissan is in order? Anybody use an independent garage for a regas?/ repair?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The compressor runs but no cold is achieved on my 2015 van. I guess a trip to Nissan is in order? Anybody use an independent garage for a regas?/ repair?
This is definitely the weather to test the system on our older vans. I think I might be in the same boat - there's a place in Bletchley called SignatureMK that I have started talking to. They told me to send them an email and came back with a generic Service is £140 and Diagnostic fee for other stuff is £60plus vat. Something missing from that customer service but I might still drop by and see if they improve by meeting them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The van is going to a generic independent on Wednesday. They have at least acknowledged it's an EV and quoted for the more expensive refrigerant so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The van is going to a generic independent on Wednesday. They have at least acknowledged it's an EV and quoted for the more expensive refrigerant so fingers crossed.
Let us know how it goes. Probably won't be really hot again to test it :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a slight hiccup as I had booked a garage over the Internet and they didn't have the equipment for the newer r1234y gas despite the booking agent confirmation.

Found another and they were friendly enough to let me peer at their filling machine. Vacuum test was passed so no obvious leaks but there was only 80g of refrigerant recovered when there should be 450g. Hint there is a sticker on the bonnet with the gas requirements which I had never seen until today.

Filled up, aircon blows cold. Mechanic didn't seem fazed by EV vs ice air con, we'll see how long the gas lasts. £95 all up.

As an aside did 50 motorway miles yesterday without aircon working and 2 rapid charges. Temp gauge barely moved above midway as normal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did a test of my AC with a thermometer. It was pushing out 18DegC when set to 16. I checked the temp outside. It was 18 degrees - amazing how windchill tricks you into thinking it is cooler than it is.
I took the van to Signature EV in Milton Keynes.They drained the system and pressure tested it. The system held ok but it appears the system has never been refilled. When full it takes 450g of R1234yf (thanks @ianclark78 for pointing us to the sticker under the bonnet edge). Mine had 26g. I paid them £90inc VAT and it takes 2 hours realistically to do. I wanted to report on whether it was quieter afterwards but I haven't tried yet. I will post if it is quieter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just had the aircon fixed on my E-Nv200, it wasnt working the day I picked it up from the dealers, so they kindly sent me straight to their workshop, fixed it there and then. It took them well over an hour, to re-gas it. I have noticed that the battery temp never goes up above half, even on the 4th rapid charge of a 300 mile journey, whereas the Leaf temperature gets way up into the red after the 3rd rapid, which always botheres me

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just had the aircon fixed on my E-Nv200, it wasnt working the day I picked it up from the dealers, so they kindly sent me straight to their workshop, fixed it there and then. It took them well over an hour, to re-gas it. I have noticed that the battery temp never goes up above half, even on the 4th rapid charge of a 300 mile journey, whereas the Leaf temperature gets way up into the red after the 3rd rapid, which always botheres me
I've got it up to 3/4's on a 30C day and the 6th rapid - I've got a 24kwh van so have to stop a lot!

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
919 Posts
Thats what I don't understand, the Leaf and van are SO similar, why didn't Nissan build the battery cooling into the van but not the leaf!?!?!?!? Crazy really.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have no idea why either, definitely gets a bit worrying when my leaf goes right up into the red on the temp guage, but doesnt seem to affect the battery health . . . the SOH is still 95.57% after 73,000 miles and 831 rapid charges.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, its cause the leaf has been so good, doing those 73000 miles for virtually nothing, that I bought the e-NV200, a couple of weeks ago, next step is to start converting it into a small camper and get an extender battery from Muxsan, Im really looking forward to the trip to the Netherlands in it :)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
My AC slowly loses pressure, the fill valves seem to have a tendency to leak, and even with the dust caps on there it seems to lose pressure over time. This isn't picked up by the "Leak test" on the refill machine as the pipes to the fill machine aren't removed during the test.
I've had mine replaced by Nissan, and had to fight to get them done under warranty, but the AC compressor has just started to get noisy again (a symptom of low pressure in the system).
With the lack of support or decent part quality I'll not be buying another Nissan EV.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I always thought they did this on the vans as they are work vehicles and Nissan expected them to be rapid charged a lot, possibly even owners having their own rapid. So quite simply the van HAD to be able to handle this to be a commercial vehicle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts